speechless

RUTAN TA1647545492

I would because a stock LSx head will own any stk ford sm block head!

But the cost of getting them to actually work far surpasses any decent aftermarket head/intake you can get (AFR's etc).

If the LS1 was a Ford based engine like that one guy said, why didn't Ford use an engine like this? Take an 02 Trans Am LS1=310 HP. An 02 Mustang 4.6=260HP. Even a 4v 4.6 is still less than the LS1. It seems to me if this was Ford's technology, then they wold be using it. And that looks like way too much of hassle, it would be much easier to just buy a good set of heads and be done with it, IMHO.

If the LS1 was a Ford based engine like that one guy said, why didn't Ford use an engine like this? Take an 02 Trans Am LS1=310 HP. An 02 Mustang 4.6=260HP. Even a 4v 4.6 is still less than the LS1. It seems to me if this was Ford's technology, then they wold be using it.

The modular motor is over head cams, not over head valve like the LS1. GM likes pushrods, unlike Ford.

It looks like a waste on a 302, but on a stroker like he said, it may be worth it. I wouldn't want to step down in displacement. However, this means that high flow 351C based heads would work on a 6.0L Chevy LSx engine too. It would be interesting to see how that worked out.