Ok guys, don't laugh..... ok, laugh a little: Electric supercharger

Science Abuse

So, this guy claims:

275cmf

1.2 - 2.3 lb of boost

That's not enough to keep up with the sucking of your average engine...but.

I've got an 87hp engine and I'm searching for a non-invasive and cheap 100+hp.

I know at least one person here did a leaf blower. lol

Can anyone help me develop this idea on paper?

It's carbed engine

1.6l

ohv

Question 1: Now, since a carb draws fuel from vacuum, does that mean that I'll have to run a box if I make .001lb of boost? Or can I blow through the carb as long as I keep it low?

Question 2: Will I need the boost to vary with revs? I.E. run it off of a transformers that speed up and slow down the electric motor with the engine RPM?

Or, since boost= pressurized system, do I just plug it in, turn it on, and provide a weak BOV for when the throttle plate closes?

It looks like I can have the power I want in a manner that can be easily removed if it fails. I'm wanting to plan it all out on paper first.

you have to be shitting me!....why not go the intake/exhaust and maybe a cam route first?

Because cams are $225, and very labor intensive. This engine only has to run for a day. A "power pack" from the only company that makes performance bit for this engine is $600 and only gives 40 more peak hp.

I found some BFE lab that state there's 2.2 cfm per hp, so 275 cfm will support 123hp, just what I need.

If you could rig up something similar that draws through the carb instead of being a blow-through, you'll likely have no issues with the carb itself.

I have seen some aftermarket and even OEM draw through centrifugal supercharger or turbo systems (albeit not lately). I think J.R. Granatelli had a centrifugal supercharged fox-body back in the day that was draw-through. Maybe you could borrow some design cues from those applications.

Guest Removed

spray it...very small shot will last some time.2 bottles! and with very small jets(say a 20-35hp shot) the bottle will last for a while!

btw im still going to laugh!

When I dyno'd mine it made 59RWHP and 79FT/LBS. I was going to go the power pack way, but you'd be spending more than just swapping a 4AGE and be making less power.

Still too expensive and too damn hard to find. ;)

However, pick'n'pull is full of 4A-FEs, so many that I stopped counting. Also found a 4A-F and 2 7A-FEs. Complete engines are only $160ish without core. ;)

I am going to guess that at their maximum boost level these units move practically no air.

I think it will be a waste (of what 70 bucks), but if you think it may work go for it, Ive seen guys put close to a grand in a car and say id doesn't feel any different.

These I believe are also use in marine application to evacuate fuel fumes from around the engine compartment before starting the engine.

Still too expensive and too damn hard to find. ;)

However, pick'n'pull is full of 4A-FEs, so many that I stopped counting. Also found a 4A-F and 2 7A-FEs. Complete engines are only $160ish without core. ;)

You just got to look. I got my last GTS parts car for $350. I actually found it by going to Ben's (Satan) old house for a LAN party one night. I kept asking the people and a year later they decided to sell it to me.