Anyone know of a local dsm parts place, hookup would be nice?

Bam

Really first off I need a working ecu, mine's fried since the caps leaked. After that and I get it running properly I'm going to throw some mods at it.

Mr. Wright, I called and spoke to a Jeff at IPS this morning and he wasn't able to help me, he said 1g's are outdated....but that he could help me if I stepped up to an EVO. Well thanks jackass, you wanna give me $30k for one? No, ok then, don't expect everyone and their mother to have one.

Sorry if that was abrupt, I just didn't get one ounce of help from him and was a bit frustrated that you guys list parts on your website, yet have nothing. Oh well.

So in short, I'd like a working Eprom ecu.

After that, a TBE, big 16g, bigger ic, and plenty of other things, but not really finding much local so far.

I have been treated very well by Jeff at IPS in repards to OEM parts as well as aftermarket vendors. Guess what, your car is 14 years old at a minimum and outdated so he wasn't lying to you.

You obviously need to acquire the ECU on the used market but I would recommend them for the bolt on as well as OEM stuff. Try the obvious sites like DSMtuners, DSMtalk, Buschur's forum ETC for the ECU.

There are also people in town capable of repairing the caps if you want to go that route.

I have been treated very well by Jeff at IPS in repards to OEM parts as well as aftermarket vendors. Guess what, your car is 14 years old at a minimum and outdated so he wasn't lying to you.

You obviously need to acquire the ECU on the used market but I would recommend them for the bolt on as well as OEM stuff. Try the obvious sites like DSMtuners, DSMtalk, Buschur's forum ETC for the ECU.

There are also people in town capable of repairing the caps if you want to go that route.

Thanks for the info, Phil from First Impressions told me my board was not repairable. Maybe that's not the case, but I have no clue.

Any idea on who can repair the board locally?

I fully understand that the car is 18 years old, that's fine, but the way he came off made it sound like he was better than me. Whatever, I'm over it, I've made it this far without IPS, I'm sure I can survive.

I know of a few guys on ColDSM that may be interested in repairing it (that I trust). Did Phil see the ECU? Because I trust him to but he may have been assuming it's fucked when it can be repaired.

Even the repair is ging to run you in the $200 range. I would still look around to used options before the repair. PM me though if you want me to hook you up with someone capable of repairing the caps.

Yeah, I pulled it from the car and took it into him today, he told me of Toledo Core, but I have been unable to get ahold of them. So I'm posting on forums trying to find one, unbelievable something this old/common is hard to find. I noticed that a few vendors will repair the board with new caps for $30 + s/h, what's involved in the $200+ that you're talking of?

Thanks for the info.

I found a replacement ECU through dsmtuners.com and got it for $50, though obviously you may end up in this situation again down the road but it's cheap. The sites Mike listed have lots of parts and things for sale and you can find most anything if you look hard enough, just getting tougher these days when our cars are this old.

I noticed that a few vendors will repair the board with new caps for $30 + s/h, what's involved in the $200+ that you're talking of?

Thanks for the info.

Nothing probaby. I say go for it. I've personally never heard of a place that cheap but it's your call. Caps are cheap. it's mostly about reassuarnce and warranty...

Nothing probaby. I say go for it. I've personally never heard of a place that cheap but it's your call. Caps are cheap. it's mostly about reassuarnce and warranty...

I'm not trying to cheap out, that's just the going rate I thought according to MachV's website and another one. The caps are cheap and if I knew my board was ok I'd go that route, but I'd hate to spend the cash on repairing the caps and it not do anything for me. If you say Phil knows his stuff, which I thought that too, then I'll trust his judgement in saying my board can't be fixed and search for a new one.

Thanks again for any info, I found dsmtuners.com website, it just seems to be REALLY SLOW.

Mr. Wright, I called and spoke to a Jeff at IPS this morning and he wasn't able to help me, he said 1g's are outdated....but that he could help me if I stepped up to an EVO. Well thanks jackass, you wanna give me $30k for one? No, ok then, don't expect everyone and their mother to have one.

Sorry if that was abrupt, I just didn't get one ounce of help from him and was a bit frustrated that you guys list parts on your website, yet have nothing. Oh well.

HUH?

To be more exact, what I told you was we dont ever "Stock" used parts. We acquire them now and then based off what we work on and what the customers dont want back. Whatever is left behind we essentially give away but will sell for a few bucks if the part(s) are worth anything at all (IE: We sold 4 or 5 300ZX trannys for pizza / $50 / Whatever).

What I told you was we havent seen a 1G DSM in here in quite awhile so there are no used ECUs laying around from someone upgrading to an AEM/standalone. However, I told you we do see quite a few more EVOs and have had EVO ecu's here but just didnt yesterday when you called.

I never told you to go buy an EVO or anything remotely close to it...

Jeff

Cliffs: Yes, we have used parts here that we are willing to sell from time-to-time, but we are not a salvage yard and dont inventory used parts. If you are looking for something new (OEM or aftermarket) than I can help you out all day long.

http://www.mitsubishigraveyard.com/ Awsome website, good prices and the guy is really cool. Also try slowboyracing.com

The Caps are not hard to replace, I soldered new ones in on my dad's ECU on his laser. You can buy the caps on ebay, there are only 3. The only problems is if the caps eched the board and fucked it up.

What model is your dsm, Fwd, Awd, Auto, Manual? I have a non e-prom fwd 5-speed for a 90. Eprom is only worthly if you plan on going dsmlink or use another type of chip.

What elbow are you looking for 2nd gen?

With a larger turbo you will definitly need larger injectors plus something to tune with ex. safc or link.

What size intercooler are you looking for? With piping or without?

I maybe be able to help you out but will need more info, feel free to pm me.

What model is your dsm, Fwd, Awd, Auto, Manual? I have a non e-prom fwd 5-speed for a 90. Eprom is only worthly if you plan on going dsmlink or use another type of chip.

What elbow are you looking for 2nd gen?

With a larger turbo you will definitly need larger injectors plus something to tune with ex. safc or link.

What size intercooler are you looking for? With piping or without?

I maybe be able to help you out but will need more info, feel free to pm me.

im sure if he wants eprom, he knows what he is getting into.