Detroit Auto Show

RUTAN TA1647545492

We are leaving today at noon. We are staying at a hotel in Windsor, ON.

CR guys that are going in our group:

77nova

clbsinvaders

Crossle

dan93z28

Myself

Be sure to take a passport (though that technically isn't needed at the moment for travel into Canada, IIRC) or your birth certificate as a means of demonstrating your U.S. citizenship. In my experiences, getting into Canada wasn't hard, but getting back into the U.S. was a hassle and would have been much easier had I simply had my passport or my birth certificate with me.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread - just thought I'd remind those of you going that the border guards can be a bit hardnosed at times.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread - just thought I'd remind those of you going that the border guards can be a bit hardnosed at times.

Don't worry about it, the advice is appreciated. We have guys in our group, who are driving separately. They're the kind to yell at the guards "ARREST US! WE HAVE POUNDS OF WEED!" :rolleyes:

We just got back today. I think the show on the whole was kind of over rated, the only cool thing to see was the ZR1, everyone other booth was kind of boring. Even around the GT-R, there wasn't much of a crowd. Maybe five people at the most.

Oh and we also got picked for the random search at the Canadian border, that was fun.

Oh and we also got picked for the random search at the Canadian border, that was fun.

Hehe, been there done that and we were searched when going up on a fishing trip and had to unpack/repack all of our gear.

The Skyline I could care less about as I know it won't live up to the hype. I do want to see the ZR1 and a near production Evo X should be there as well as a few other cars I've been wanting to check out. I'm leaving in the morning.

Be sure to take a passport (though that technically isn't needed at the moment for travel into Canada, IIRC) or your birth certificate as a means of demonstrating your U.S. citizenship. In my experiences, getting into Canada wasn't hard, but getting back into the U.S. was a hassle and would have been much easier had I simply had my passport or my birth certificate with me.

honestly, if i can drive back into the US drunk as fuck at 19 years old during a blizzard (not that im condoning this at all), it cant be too bad.

i went the following year when i was 20 to go to the auto show with a friend who lives up there, and went to windsor for dinner and a beer. i guess the agent didnt believe me, he asked me to turn off my car, hand him my keys, and pop my trunk. all i had in there were my speakers and a gift to my friends g/fs kid, he came back, gave me my keys, license and said to have a nice day.

Hehe, been there done that and we were searched when going up on a fishing trip and had to unpack/repack all of our gear.

Our van was completely torn apart...not fun. Our friend was arrested when he told them he had a butterfly knife. Oh, Canada.