Supra's

V8 Beast

I hear everyone say that its impossible to get them to hook, and that they are roll cars not dig cars. So with that being said how do you modify the suspension to get them to hook?

Also if you had a choice which one would you choose?

400whp 2001 Black C5 Corvette Z06 for $20k with 30k miles, heads and cam car on the stock block.

-or-

700whp 1996 Supra for $20k with built 2jz that can handle 900whp with 20k miles on a new motor and in need of a paint job. (has a salvaged title, but their is no frame damage)

*updated with all the info*

I think I would go with the supra just because I have always wanted one since I saw fast and the furious :cool:

I've heard the aftermarket for Supra's is VERY expensive. Hell even OEM parts are expensive and hard to come by. While there are some expensive aftermarket parts for C5's, it is extensive and there are many companies out there that support the platform.

I would personally go for the C5. I still like their looks (minus the pop-ups) but hell if you've got the money for a supra and you've had your eye on one. Go for it.

Val doesn't need a supra.

I'm not honestly sure how to make them hook. I would assume a nice stout auto (if that's a reasonable mod), sticky tires, and a little suspension would help.

Val doesn't need a supra.

I'm not honestly sure how to make them hook. I would assume a nice stout auto (if that's a reasonable mod), sticky tires, and a little suspension would help.

Giving her a supra would be like shooting her in the head. Its just a what if question to see how people think. Her next car will have 4 wheel drive.

They are not real cars. If they were I would be all over the supra. I already have an lsx so the vette doesnt really do a lot for me. I'm trying to see if people think a vette with less power is worth the same amount as a salvaged supra. You tend to get more in depth answers when you offer in depth questions. Thats why its so detailed.

They are not real cars. If they were I would be all over the supra. I already have an lsx so the vette doesnt really do a lot for me. I'm trying to see if people think a vette with less power is worth the same amount as a salvaged supra. You tend to get more in depth answers when you offer in depth questions. Thats why its so detailed.

Thanks mind fucker.. That said, , any vehicle with a salvage title, after repairs, is worth half value. ZO6 FTW!

You will have lots of frustration with that condition Supra with that type of owner. Be prepared to put another 10k into it within a year, excluding the paint...and like others have said, it won't resell well with a savage title, regardless of how nice it is. If you can afford a decent one for $35-40k, you'll be much happier in the long run and won't lose as much on the resell.

and u just made that up?

IT'S NOT REAL LOL! When Ben replied to it all the post said said was "700hp supra". I figured if I didnt make up something more specific I would get a thread full of questions instead... instead now everyone thinks its real :confused: . I guess thats kind of a compliment if the story is that believable.

I have another one.

Which one would you get?

an orange 2007 gti/ 67 trim turbo/ upgraded race axles/ 100lbs of weight reduction/ 13psi/ full tank of gas/ makes 425whp 375wtq/

-or-

a silver 2006 Lotus Exige/ built to the hilt with twin turbos/ a 100 shot/ full 10lbs nitrous bottle/ springs that lower the car 1.5''/ 1/4 a tank of gas/ a gas can in the passenger seat with 7 gallons of gas in it/ makes 550whp, 450wtq/

The catch is that you have to use the car to deliver government secrets to a destination that is 100 miles aways through windy roads and hair pin turns. 7 minutes after you leave you will be persued by an Ls1 Miata with a supercharger and race suspension that makes 437.7whp and 443.9wtq. If you dont make it to the destination the guy in the Miata will take the secrets and use them to destroy America.

I'd say the Lotus. Even with having to stop to put 7 gallons in the tank you could probably make that time up over 100 miles. If it's hair pin turns you're worried about, the Exige would probably be the better performer of the two.

Any specific reason for the questions?

I'd say the Lotus. Even with having to stop to put 7 gallons in the tank you could probably make that time up over 100 miles. If it's hair pin turns you're worried about, the Exige would probably be the better performer of the two.

Any specific reason for the questions?

I like to make people think and see what answers they come up with. At the same time I learn a few things about cars that I can use later. I have only been in the car scene for a little over a year, so I still have a lot to learn.