Question about tire and rim diameter etc...

youngflyflashy

So, does anyone know if i could use chrome rims from an '03 ninja on my '05? they both are 636's and pretty much look the same aesthetically, but i know that means diddly squat...anyway, lemme know if this is possible if you have any insight on the matter...i know i could just get the specs on each bike, but i'm too lazy to do that lol

lol, why do they give you so much shit Flounder? i think it's a conspiracy or something against you man i swear lmao...anyway, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with the sprocket/hub, i'm assuming they will fit...but we'll see, again, i'm not mechanically inclined at all, but this guy has been riding and working on bikes forever so i'm sure he knows what he's doing (at least that's the plan)...everything should work out though, i'll let you guys know how it goes...

You'll be fine man. Taking a wheel on and off is simple as changing brake pads. You got a big axel nut, cotter pin you take off. Next slide the axel out. Then, push wheel forward so chain comes off sprocket, then remove wheel. The rear brake caliper will fall, so be careful with that, don't let it slam hard chipping your rotor or something. When done, reassemble it backwards. I like to apply some BEL-RAY Lube for axels on my axel before I put it back in though. It's like $5 at local bike shop.

I got a 150lb torque wrench though for uninstall and re-install. :dunno:

Ive got a hammer and the shitty tool that comes in the kit.. My hammer torque-O-meter is fucking superb.. :dunno:

Damn, that's ghetto! :lol: I like to be right on, so I don't do it too much and crush the races in the wheel bad or anything. My wheel nut says 94ft.lb's...I normally do 80ft.lbs. I find the torque on that is too much by the manual.

Harbor Freight! $19.99 150ft.lb. torque wrench. I bought it back in 2004 though, so who knows what it costs now, I doubt it's anymore expensive. :cool:

Ive got a hammer and the shitty tool that comes in the kit.. My hammer torque-O-meter is fucking superb.. :dunno:

Damn, that's ghetto! :lol: I like to be right on, so I don't do it too much and crush the races in the wheel bad or anything. My wheel nut says 94ft.lb's...I normally do 80ft.lbs. I find the torque on that is too much by the manual.

Harbor Freight! $19.99 150ft.lb. torque wrench. I bought it back in 2004 though, so who knows what it costs now, I doubt it's anymore expensive. :cool:

Actually I have a torque wrench from harbor freight but ist a 3/8 drive and only goes to 80

I need to pick up a 36MM socket for the axle nut and was going to pick up a breaker bar but I will probably just get another torque wrench 150lb 1/2 inch drive.. I actually have a 125lb 1/2 inch drive but its the old bar style instead of the clicker type. The only reason I use the kit tool now is because I dont have a 36mm socket.. I will probably pick on up this week.

Breaker bars are 25'' long 14.99. 150lb torque wrench 18'' long 19.99 looks like Im getting another torque wrench.

Actually I have a torque wrench from harbor freight but ist a 3/8 drive and only goes to 80

I have that too! We probably have the same one! BLACK CASE??? :eek:

I'll drink some Leinenkugel's "summer shandy" to that! :drink::drink:

BTW, a friend of my up near Lexington, OH hooked me up at a trackday last year with a front wheel removal UNIVERSAL socket! I love it...should work with every bike I ever get. :cool: I'm very thankful for that little tool.

I have that too! We probably have the same one! BLACK CASE??? :eek:

I'll drink some Leinenkugel's "summer shandy" to that! :drink::drink:

BTW, a friend of my up near Lexington, OH hooked me up at a trackday last year with a front wheel removal UNIVERSAL socket! I love it...should work with every bike I ever get. :cool: I'm very thankful for that little tool.

Who was your friend.. I grew up in that area. Im originally from Crestline.

Oh I doubt you grew up with him man, he's 44 I think...lol. I first met him at that trackday that we both decided to go to from a forum I chatted on. His name is Dennis though.

You going to do a trackday with YOTA and I next year??? I doubt I can this year.

Oh I doubt you grew up with him man, he's 44 I think...lol. I first met him at that trackday that we both decided to go to from a forum I chatted on. His name is Dennis though.

You going to do a trackday with YOTA and I next year??? I doubt I can this year.

I plan on doing many track days.. My next one is July 2 Mid ohio

I plan on doing many track days.. My next one is July 2 Mid ohio

I would be there wiff ya if I wasn't going out of town all week to Wisconsin to visit the in-laws. :nono: The money I'm using to vacation with there I'd use instead for the trackday. :cry:

I still might do one this year though, never know. :dunno: