Anybody heard a F1 Procharged car?

LPFSTheFett

I'm getting ready to drop the car off at IPS and am planning on doing a F1 on the Z06. Then I heard today that the F1 cars are REALLY REALLY loud. I found two videos on youtube and they were really loud, but they were in a garage and had the hoods up, so I'm sure it echoed quite a bit. Guess I want to know what it's going to sound like just sitting at a traffic light or under normal driving conditions?

Here's the videos I found

Thanks!!

Jason

Here are a couple more videos.

I know they are really fast, I just don't want it to sound like my car is dying everywhere I go. I don't mind it being loud if it sounds cool. These videos make it sound like a seriously bad squeeking belt. :(

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7fcdc9ac-25c7-4f84-8898-7fbdfb121c15.htm

I don't mind the cam sound. Cam sound is to be expected by a fast car, but the supercharger whine is more what I'm worried about. I wish I could hear one. Anybody here local have one that they wouldn't mind starting up in the dead of winter? :)

And, yeah getting pretty ready for autocross! Hopefully do a little better this year lol.

Jason

I don't mind the cam sound. Cam sound is to be expected by a fast car, but the supercharger whine is more what I'm worried about. I wish I could hear one. Anybody here local have one that they wouldn't mind starting up in the dead of winter? :)

And, yeah getting pretty ready for autocross! Hopefully do a little better this year lol.

Jason

are you going to sponsor my car this year? i could use some extra cash, i could wax the vette in exchange lol.

If you don't want blower whine at idle go with a single or twin turbo kit. Centrifugal superchargers whine, some louder than others. I've never heard a Vette with an F1 but the whine is loud and noticeable on the Mustangs with F1 procharger kits I've heard in person.

I'd go with a Twin Turbo kit, but the entire build will be another 10k on top of what I'm already spending. Really hard for me to justify that. In addition to the fact I absolutely HATE APS as a company. It's bad enough, I plan on getting their Fuel system.

I dunno what I'm gonna do now. I just wish that new camaro would have been out by now. If GM didn't have their heads so far up their asses.... /sigh

I'd go with a Twin Turbo kit, but the entire build will be another 10k on top of what I'm already spending. Really hard for me to justify that. In addition to the fact I absolutely HATE APS as a company. It's bad enough, I plan on getting their Fuel system.

I dunno what I'm gonna do now. I just wish that new camaro would have been out by now. If GM didn't have their heads so far up their asses.... /sigh

Buy a new challenger they will be out soon? i think lol

I'm getting ready to drop the car off at IPS and am planning on doing a F1 on the Z06. Then I heard today that the F1 cars are REALLY REALLY loud. I found two videos on youtube and they were really loud, but they were in a garage and had the hoods up, so I'm sure it echoed quite a bit. Guess I want to know what it's going to sound like just sitting at a traffic light or under normal driving conditions?

Here's the videos I found

Thanks!!

Jason

Is your company hiring? ;)

-Marc

Well considering most of the kits out there for the c6 Z's are only for 4 to 5lbs because of the higher compression and the fact that they dont like alot of boost....do you think you really need that much blower? I love procharger and think there some of the best kits out there but if your worried about the sound maybe something in the vortech sq line would be a better option.

Well considering most of the kits out there for the c6 Z's are only for 4 to 5lbs because of the higher compression and the fact that they dont like alot of boost....do you think you really need that much blower? I love procharger and think there some of the best kits out there but if your worried about the sound maybe something in the vortech sq line would be a better option.

After reading this, I've come to the conclusion that your opinion does not matter. Seriously...