taking bets...

Boost-n-Juice

The bet is...can I make 500+rwhp on a completely stock 302 shortblock. I'm talking stock crank, rods, pistons and cam. The block will have a billet main girdle/windage tray set up and valley girdle.

Top end will be Canfields that flow 320@.600, ported/matched Victor Jr upper/lower, 75mm TB, 1 3/4" shorty's and a Novi 2k. No Juice, just boost.

Oh, Custom tune by Dynotune.

Lots of people are doing it, check out andersonfordmotorsport.com (customer cars). Brian(dynotune) is only one you want tuning it he has tons of experience with 5.0 set ups. I know quite a few people that currently have stock block cars making upwards of 450hp.Two are making 500 plus, brian has tuned them all. As long as you have the proper supporting fuel system and you have Brian put a safe tune in it with 11.0 to 11.5 a/f it will last.

Lots of people are doing it, check out andersonfordmotorsport.com (customer cars). Brian(dynotune) is only one you want tuning it he has tons of experience with 5.0 set ups. I know quite a few people that currently have stock block cars making upwards of 450hp.Two are making 500 plus, brian has tuned them all. As long as you have the proper supporting fuel system and you have Brian put a safe tune in it with 11.0 to 11.5 a/f it will last.

yeah he knows brian well. he tuned his car before.

should easily be possible. but like said...it may not last very long.

i know HP performance has done it without issues and was running 10's with their kit on a bone stock 302 with 200,000 miles on it. my best friend is actually looking to go that route.

im sure the motor will take quite a bit of abuse though...he has been spraying a 175 shot thrrough that car for AWHILE now with full bolt ons and it hasnt missed a beat.

good luck with your project...im sure we all cant wait to see the results

The bet is...can I make 500+rwhp on a completely stock 302 shortblock. I'm talking stock crank, rods, pistons and cam. The block will have a billet main girdle/windage tray set up and valley girdle.

Top end will be Canfields that flow 320@.600, ported/matched Victor Jr upper/lower, 75mm TB, 1 3/4" shorty's and a Novi 2k. No Juice, just boost.

Oh, Custom tune by Dynotune.

It will do it, but will not live unless you turn it down, keep it around 400rwhp and you will enjoy it longer...

I've already made well over 500 rwhp with a stock roller block (CHP 347 w/4340 internals), so I know the block will hold up, it's the stock rods/crank/pistons that will fail first with this combo. Regardless, it's all in the tune. People who split stock blocks are usually having detonation/lean issues.