Magpul: Masada Rifle

Scotty2Hotty

So gun lovers, what's your take on it? Seems AK like in one sence as far as the charging handle, but AR15 like in other ways like selector switch, mag release and over all trigger. Seems like a majority of it is polymer, which should be a strong weapon all around. Here's a few pics:

http://www.ironridgeguns.com/gall/oldnew.jpg

http://www.magpul.com/images/gallery/wallpapers/masada/masada.jpg

http://www.defensereview.com/stories/magpul/SHOT%20Show%202007%20-%20Magpul%20Industries%20Masada%205.56mm%20Rifle-Carbine_3.jpg

Basic AR weight to them. Loaded w/ 30 rounds you're probably sitting around 8lbs or so, with an optic sight and a tac light, more around 11ish I'd say. Seen a few Guns & Ammo tests on it, so far they've shot the 5.56mm short version and the DMR style (sniper style) rifle. They've put a few thousand through them, and as they said no hiccups yet on it. No jamming, no double feeds, and an all around good shooting rifle. I'd be interested once I get my hands on it and take a look. Best part, the 5.56mm version takes any standard M16 mag, not to mention 7.62X39mm, 7.62X51mm NATO, and even 6.8 SPC will be availible in them. They maybe interchangable from what I read. I am liking so far :nod:

Basic AR weight to them. Loaded w/ 30 rounds you're probably sitting around 8lbs or so, with an optic sight and a tac light, more around 11ish I'd say. Seen a few Guns & Ammo tests on it, so far they've shot the 5.56mm short version and the DMR style (sniper style) rifle. They've put a few thousand through them, and as they said no hiccups yet on it. No jamming, no double feeds, and an all around good shooting rifle. I'd be interested once I get my hands on it and take a look. Best part, the 5.56mm version takes any standard M16 mag, not to mention 7.62X39mm, 7.62X51mm NATO, and even 6.8 SPC will be availible in them. They maybe interchangable from what I read. I am liking so far :nod:

I thought .308 wasn't confirmed yet?

7.62 > 223

By far, but it would be cool to see an accurate shooter in a 7.62X39mm cartridge. There's plenty of stock in the caliber, not to mention it packs a nice energetic punch to it. I like the fact they're talking about being able to convert the weapon from (5.56mm) .223 to (7.62) .308 quickly with only a few pieces. Not to mention the 6.8 SPC which would be like the .40 S&W to the pistol world.

now THATS badass.

Other than looks and coming in different cartridge size whats so great about Magpul Masada? Isnt there a company that makes an AR15 that fires 7.62 rounds?

There's a few DPMS comes to mind, and another company got the SR25 contract for the US ARMY/ US Military. SR25 = Semi-Auto replacement for the M21, but I'd rather have the M24 aka M14 with a nice leuopold.