59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Sirius or XM

• XM
    • Sirius

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get the antenna kit. The static in the car fucking sucks ass. If I wanted to move to another car (for like a week), I can go back to using wireless right?

yes.. on the side of your unit there will be a plug for the direct fm.

just wire it up for that specific car.. if you move it to another just use it like you did before. it will still transmit through fm

sirius must not know what they are doing when shutting units off. i have purchased 2 used receivers now that were still active, but the subscription is canceled on them. some glitch on there end. i have had sirius for free on one unit for almost a year, and on the other now for about 3 months.

my uncle also has had this happen. he had a 6 month contract. ended up canceling his subscription, then went to activate it again a few months later and when he turned it on noticed it was still active. so he never called in to activate.. jsut kept using it.. now its still active as of a year or so later.

picking up a used receiver is worth a shot at getting free sirius!

yes.. on the side of your unit there will be a plug for the direct fm.

just wire it up for that specific car.. if you move it to another just use it like you did before. it will still transmit through fm

So I'll still have to tune into a certain channel right? Just go to the channel that you have set in your sirius box in your radio and you're there? sweet.

Both my wife and I have been getting massive static. I need to get one of these.

Actually, I just picked up a Starmate for $29.99 (free shipping). I went to the sirius shop and went to clearance. The fucker is brand new even though it says reconditions.

Not sure if this link will work.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=2989858&catParentID=7873&scId=7873&oldParentID=7873

sirius must not know what they are doing when shutting units off. i have purchased 2 used receivers now that were still active, but the subscription is canceled on them. some glitch on there end. i have had sirius for free on one unit for almost a year, and on the other now for about 3 months.

my uncle also has had this happen. he had a 6 month contract. ended up canceling his subscription, then went to activate it again a few months later and when he turned it on noticed it was still active. so he never called in to activate.. jsut kept using it.. now its still active as of a year or so later.

picking up a used receiver is worth a shot at getting free sirius!

Yup, I deactivated a reciever when I got the STI which had one in-dash. With the WRX I set up the old reciever and it is still working. :) Very strange, but I'm not going to complain.

Actually, I just picked up a Starmate for $29.99 (free shipping). I went to the sirius shop and went to clearance. The fucker is brand new even though it says reconditions.

Not sure if this link will work.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=2989858&catParentID=7873&scId=7873&oldParentID=7873

thats the one i have. it does pretty good without a direct fm.

oh and i have a din mounting kit that i couldnt use for that unit.

it is basically like a black faceplate that fits in a single din area. it will make it so the receiver is flush mount and hides the wires. its brand new in the box.. if you want it $5

Another happy Sirius suscriber here too. I got the Stiletto 2. Have a antenna ran up to the window at work, at Easton pointed towards downtown. For some reason I got great reception in early morning, but it starts having drops around 9 am or so.

my stiletto is awesome in the car.. shitty when carrying it around.. i mean almost no signal at all. havent had it on a home kit yet

I have XM because I got a discount on the original equipment when it first came out 4 years ago. Overall, I am satisfied with it and have never considered switching. It seems like there is always something on that I will listen to, and the overall variety of music channels is good. I don't really know what all the people are complaining about the commercials? The talk stations have commercials (same as Sirius), and I think 3 music stations have commercials because they are licensed from Clear Channel. Most of the pop stations are censored, but AFAIK, none of the rock or rap stations are.

I've never listened to Sirius, but most people I know that have it are also satisfied with it.

It will be interesting to see how the whole merger shakes out. XM has said that you won't have to buy new equipment, so my guess is that the programming will just merge into one lineup to save budget. We'll see...

BTW, there are 5 new rock stations on XM

1. Squizz-new rock, basically the Blitz

2. Fred-playing "old" alternative, aka pre-Nirvana

3. Ethel-which plays new alternative, bascially CD101 stuff

4. Lucy-which supposedly plays the "best" of Fred & Ethel, but ends up sounding like the alternative station from whenever you were in high school

5. XMU-XM's "college" station, which plays new/indie music, rock, rap, etc...

I have no clue which is better, but I loaded up on Sirius stock a few months ago with some extra cash I had. Been following the companies since the 90's and kinda new in the back of my head that sirius be the better company for some reason.

On that note if they do merge (which I believe they will) it will still be at least 6 months to a year before they are conjoined fully. So you might want to buy a unit anyway. Espeically a used one and just enjoy it for now.

Evan

thats the one i have. it does pretty good without a direct fm.

oh and i have a din mounting kit that i couldnt use for that unit.

it is basically like a black faceplate that fits in a single din area. it will make it so the receiver is flush mount and hides the wires. its brand new in the box.. if you want it $5

You got a pic of it? what will it do? I just have mine suction cupped to the window.

Not sure if I can use it since the radio I have in there is a single din only?