00' T/A nitrous install

Reed44

I talked my army ranger buddy into putting nitrous on his transam. I put it on my mustang a few different times but never installed a msd window switch, n.o.s. fuel pressure safety switch and purge. Looking for some tips/tricks for installing this kit on his car. Where to hook up fuel connection? The purge does not seem that hard. He got the N.O.S. sniper wet efi kit, Msd window switch, n.o.s. purge, and n.o.s. f.p.s.s. Dont plan to tune yet because he is getting cam and LT's soon so he is only going to do a 75 shot and the bottle will be mounted where the spare tire is. Any information that will help us install this would be great. Thanks.

He should also upgrade the fuel pump to a Walbro 255lph. Just to ensure adequate fuel pressure for future spraying.

And also make sure he has the right size injectors. You dont want to to put too much stress on the stockers (if thats what he has).

Take a jumper wire for that fpss and a gauge when testing and tuning. Mine must have been defective as when I put a 150 horse kit on my lt1 formula it would kick in and out.. looking back though it could have been injector lock up

Here is a page I made a long time ago (before digital cameras) for hiding a dry 5176 kit on an F-body.

http://geocities.com/motorcity/1920/nos.html

And also make sure he has the right size injectors. You dont want to to put too much stress on the stockers (if thats what he has).

Good point! He can have the cycle duty checked during the tune. But, for a 75 wet shot.... I think he should be fine for now.... Though it is not recomended that you spray any shot without checking the AFR to make sure you do not go lean....

Not real familar with that kit. But, here is a wiring diagram to wire it all together.... Hope this helps!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/m_williams_gto/1msdwindow.jpg

I love you......lol. Thanks alot

hpfriend- That should be what I need, I took a glimpse at it but will read it later when I have time, thanks. M williams- do the plugs really need to be changed at this point? I dont want to spend countless hours under the dash board (motor location) changing them. Where do I get my fuel supply from?

hpfriend- That should be what I need, I took a glimpse at it but will read it later when I have time, thanks. M williams- do the plugs really need to be changed at this point? I dont want to spend countless hours under the dash board (motor location) changing them. Where do I get my fuel supply from?

If you closed tha gap up to say... .045 and never went higher than a 50 shot..youd probably be ok. But the TR-55 is not to be used with any significant amount of nitrous. The electrode protrudes too far into the combustion area and will become red hot acting like a glow plug and inducing preignition. So you might as well change them..... Gap the TR6's to .037.

You will get your fuel supply from the test port on the fuel rail.

He's right about the spark plugs. If he is going with a small shot the tr55's will work, but I would look into tr6. The colder spark will cause the plugs to go bad faster if he doesn't spray a lot with the tr6 but its perfect for nitrous. I ran the 55's when Lasota first installed my spray with no issues. He later on changed them to the tr6 to handle a bigger shot of nitrous. Definitely change the plugs...

tr55's are stock I assume? Stock will only be in for a few weeks then he is getting deployed and having mike ward racing put LT's, O/R y-pipe, and a cam in it then a tune with two different programs. When that happens he will get the switched out. How long did you run the tr55's with spray Brian?