mod time on the vette

AJ

installed the Long tube headers i got off RUTAN TA after i bead blasted them, cut the A.I.R. tubes off and welded a crack up.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/vette006.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/vette007.jpg

i also installed a new LS7 clutch and LS7 flywheel that i had a machine shop cut 5lbs. off of and rebalance. and a transmission/diff out of a 2004 Z06.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/vette004.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/vette005.jpg

all for now, CAI and underdrive pully are on the way.

they upgraded the shift forks to take more abuse and the blockers rings and syncros. my second gear syncros were starting to go bad so i just got a pull out and replaced the whole thing. now i'll just rebuild the trans from my car and sell it. i have the rear diff traded away for another set of wheels as soon as the weather is nice for the guy to get his vette out and have me install it.

ben~ i'm excited to see what it does, all this cold weather it slides around like crazy.

Looks good!! Now will need to get you to a drag strip to see what you can get it to run!

Oh and while the car is in there, swap out those heads and put a health cam in there!

i have your LS7 in my garage, too bad those kick ass heads are too much for my engine.

i don't have the money for a cam or heads at the moment. the only reason i was ablt to get this stuff was from parts i had laying around i sold or traded away.

I would definetly wait till you got a cam to put that under drive pulley on. You are goin to have to pull the steering rack out to do both so why not just both at one time. That way you dont have to buy 2 crank bolts or retighten the arp one.

you don't have to take the rack out to do it, well not all the way. take the 2 mounting bolts out and drop the engine cradel a little bit. its really easy to do. and you don't need a new crank bolt.

the cam is not in the budget right now. with working being real slow even the brakes went on the hold list. i will hold off on it untill it gets closer to race season and then it will go on so i can get it tuned.

they upgraded the shift forks to take more abuse and the blockers rings and syncros. my second gear syncros were starting to go bad so i just got a pull out and replaced the whole thing. now i'll just rebuild the trans from my car and sell it. i have the rear diff traded away for another set of wheels as soon as the weather is nice for the guy to get his vette out and have me install it.

ben~ i'm excited to see what it does, all this cold weather it slides around like crazy.

Pretty much any rwd sports car is a no no in cold weather. I wrecked my first Corvette because of cold roads and rwd. :(

AJ, you going to sign up for the autocross class? I'm wanting to, but not going to take the Vett and hoping the Viper will be gone by then. May have to get something else, not sure what though...

Pretty much any rwd sports car is a no no in cold weather. I wrecked my first Corvette because of cold roads and rwd. :(

AJ, you going to sign up for the autocross class? I'm wanting to, but not going to take the Vett and hoping the Viper will be gone by then. May have to get something else, not sure what though...

i want to but may be too low on funds:(

anyone want to buy a liver? brand new used one. no booze in it ever.

Yeah, if you have a decent running beater that you can use for the autocross school go that route as you will get 25-50 runs in or more in that one day!! Ray and I chinked the hell out of his Bridgestones last year at the Evo school and they're a lot cheaper than your tires. As long as you have good tires they will take the abuse better but they will see some good wear.

Yeah, if you have a decent running beater that you can use for the autocross school go that route as you will get 25-50 runs in or more in that one day!! Ray and I chinked the hell out of his Bridgestones last year at the Evo school and they're a lot cheaper than your tires. As long as you have good tires they will take the abuse better but they will see some good wear.

i may be out on the school then. i don't have the money for the school and tires and i'm not wanting to ruin the only set of tires i have just in one day and not be able to drive the car around town.