Reasonable Vets.....?

Putty

So I guess today is the last day to get my pups licensed or face high fines. However, I can't find the rabies # for my first dog and the new pup was given a rabies shot, but I was just given the card showing he got it.....but no number. I need a damn number. Vets I have called are over $100 for a shot + license fees....dawt! Anyone know good priced vets? I know some are far cheaper than others.

So I guess today is the last day to get my pups licensed or face high fines. However, I can't find the rabies # for my first dog and the new pup was given a rabies shot, but I was just given the card showing he got it.....but no number. I need a damn number. Vets I have called are over $100 for a shot + license fees....dawt! Anyone know good priced vets? I know some are far cheaper than others.

Are you trying to registration them with the county? If so you don't need the rabies #. (At least Franklin County)

http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/auditor/Consumer/dogs/license_info.shtm

Are you trying to registration them with the county? If so you don't need the rabies #. (At least Franklin County)

http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/auditor/Consumer/dogs/license_info.shtm

I was told in order to beat todays deadline, they needed a license. In order to get that license, they need to have a current rabies vac and proof, in a form of a number. I can not find Tyson's number and the breeder I got Rocky from just put a rabies bottle sticker on his papers....no number, so they both need it again.

um, this may be a dumb question. Do all dogs need to be licensed? If so, does it HAVE to be done today?

Yes, they do....no, it doesn't have to be today, but the cost of the process doubles after today. The fines are $150 or more if your dog is picked up. I read they can take your dog even if you are walking it or it's running in your yard and they stop to see if there is a license.

Yes, they do....no, it doesn't have to be today, but the cost of the process doubles after today. The fines are $150 or more if your dog is picked up. I read they can take your dog even if you are walking it or it's running in your yard and they stop to see if there is a license.

That's what I heard and what scared me into licensing both my dogs. I'd FLIP if someone tried to take one of my dogs.

The fees are $12 a year for a fixed dog for renewal. If you've never done it before it will be $24 the first time. So if you didnt register last year there is not a big rush.

I dont know how that would be legal to tresspass onto your property to see if your dog is licensed and if he's not to take the dog. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen. Im not saying they wont do it, I just questioning the legality of it.

But that's still after the registration date. Oh well, I'll probably still do that so i can save on the shot.

I figure i'll just be careful letting them out until the 8th and pay the $24 for the license for each. The savings on the shot may be worth the double license fee.

lol

Ive taken people to jail on warrants for "Failure to register dog" lolz!

(they were all a-holes though)

Affordable Pets on Trabue is DIRT CHEAP but he has wonky hours. This is a vet who wears jeans and a polo and has an office the size of yoru living room.

He's a very interesting man, but he is cheap.

614-777-4339

you will almost always get the answering machine, just leave a message.

LOL

True Story,

Never registered my dogs, here or in Green county where they have lived most of thier lives.

They are 8 and 10.

My dogs dont wear collars either... but they are chipped.

I take my dogs to the banfield in grove city.(Inside the petsmart) They have wellness hours, if you call they can schedule you in and you just pay for the shot. They give you a free visit by the doctor and examine the dog to make sure there are no other problems. I think the rabies shot was something like $15-$20.

I take my dogs to the banfield in grove city.(Inside the petsmart) They have wellness hours, if you call they can schedule you in and you just pay for the shot. They give you a free visit by the doctor and examine the dog to make sure there are no other problems. I think the rabies shot was something like $15-$20.

Wow people actually pay for that thing!?

We left Banfield because they CONSTATNLY wanted to test for everything under the sun on one my dogs who has an allergy she has had all her life. She's a beagle mix, so she is prone to yeast infections in her ears. I have had her take a million different medicines, none work) yet they repeatedly insisted on testing her and forcing meds on me.

Not to mention they wouldnt let me help hold my own dog while she gets shots (thus charging me money for another person to hold them).

They drove me insane.

We left Banfield because they CONSTATNLY wanted to test for everything under the sun on one my dogs who has an allergy she has had all her life. She's a beagle mix, so she is prone to yeast infections in her ears. I have had her take a million different medicines, none work) yet they repeatedly insisted on testing her and forcing meds on me.

The SAME EXACT thing happened to me and my dog at our vet. He has always had some sort of ear infection that comes along every once in awhile and they ALWAYS tried to prescribe different meds.