10tv reports hero chasing minivan 100+ mph

slowV10

Thats crazy. I was in Circuit City today on Sawmill rd and this same thing unfolded right in front of me. Two people grabbed flat panels and ran for the doors. First one got through the door but second guy got blasted by the manager of the store and he fell down and droped the tvs. He then took off running. First person was chased into the parking lot and threw the tvs to get away. Looks like they left the sawmill store to go to the Polaris store to then get busted. Fuckin theives!!!

haha they do have a policy that if you see someone in the store try to grab something and put it in there pocket, you can use a recovery statement to try and get the item back. They are in no way allowed to chase someone once they pass the doors. They can get fired. if he were to wreck and kill someone it would come down to was he on company time or his own time. In this instance Circuit city would be held responsible.

I vote fire his ass! that shit needs to be cut out, Especially over only two TV's.

Guest Drew The Pirate
I work at Sawmill, my Store manager really did body slam the second guy trying to get out and then chased down the other guy who got out. He was gonna lose them but they ran around the back of the building where the roadshop bay is, and all the roadshop guys came out and scared the thief. He dropped our stuff and took off. The story's much better in person :)

So if I run into a store, grab a tv and run, they're not allowed to chase me? I think I found my late bday present.

The people employed by the store to look for thieves, usually loss prevention for the bigger stores, are allowed to chase thieves so long as they are still on the store's property. Once they have left the property, the employees can no longer pursue and turn it over to the police.

My roommate works loss prevention for Target. It actually sounds like a fun job.