LS1 help/ advice

boosted98gst

Here is my story, Ive always had good luck about 1 time a year finding super good deals on motors, usually on or for cars, I do not either drive or know shit about. The past 4 or 5 months I have been coming across this 2000 camaro SS thats pewter color parked out in the country by this barn faced away from the road. Me and my buddy noticed that it looks to be not taken care of , due to really low tires in the rear, and a donut also......the car never moves, everytime we go by its in the same sport with old weeds dryed up around it. Finally me and my friend on our day of decide to go up and just ask whats up with the car, come to find out on the pass side of the car, it was caved in from a wreck were the car was t-boned,car has a really bent frame. the guys boy is in the marines and Is stationed out in camp pendleton , but is in Iraq, he bought the car back from insurance . His dad told me he had huge plans for the car , but ended up on the westcoast and re-elisted another 4 years. Now his dad is tired of the car and they both decided to let it go, I asked him how much his son was looking for it and could not believe it, that same day I went back out and gave him half the money , to hold onto it that way no one would come form under me and shaft me on buying it. ......either way im thinking about buying another 240 and doing a swap or holding onto it for somthing else, how much do these motors sell for with compete tranny, wireharness ect? I will get pic's up asap

the good: car still starts, low miles 78k, bone stock,

the bad: interior is trash windows cracked, mildew and leather is trashed from mice or somthing. car frame is done for and grass grew all around it to let mosture prolly rot the undercarrage away. most the body pannels are junk, oem rims are all beat to shit, tires are all dry rotted.

I will get pic's up soon as I get trailor and new cam.

There won't be any rust on the tranny.

You can probably make all of your money back if you smartly part out the car. Suspension pieces, wheels/tires, hood and hatch are worth reasonable cash if not damaged, headlights/taillights, etc. These cars aren't very rust prone, so that shouldn't be a big concern. Post pics of the car; it may be more easily fixed than you think.

Edit: You edited while I was typing...alright, it may not be fixable. But probably still some salvagable parts on it.

There won't be any rust on the tranny.

You can probably make all of your money back if you smartly part out the car. Suspension pieces, wheels/tires, hood and hatch are worth reasonable cash if not damaged, headlights/taillights, etc. These cars aren't very rust prone, so that shouldn't be a big concern. Post pics of the car; it may be more easily fixed than you think.

Edit: You edited while I was typing...alright, it may not be fixable. But probably still some salvagable parts on it.

Yeah i know the tranny will not be rusted out, I just know the undercarrage is shot. My buddy is a body man/painter at compete auto and knows his shit, im just going to take every peice off the car that is usable and store it in my basement and ebay or sell it on here.

Wow! Nice find. That will be an interesting project for you in the future. Definitely part out what you do not use. There is always someone needing parts.

thats the thing , I have a big project already going and do not have the money to fund 2 projects. I am just going to pull all the stuff that is usable off the car and store it in my basement, and cut the car in half, and wrap the clip up and store it in a friends barn.