question about HP & Torque on 1st and 2nd Gear

LPFSTheFett

Right now from 40mph, I like to be in 1st gear but on this new build there is no way I'll get traction. I want to know what my numbers to the ground will be in 2nd vs. my car as it sits now in 1st. Basically want to know how my car would stand up to itself in a race lol.

1st gear, 2.66 in transmission, 4500rpms, I currently make 380rwhp and 460rwt (max hp/torque is like 500/480)

I think with the new setup 2nd gear, 1.78 in transmission, 3200rpms, I should make 300rwhp 500rwt (tuned down to 800rwhp/800rwt)

Would my old setup pull instantly and then my new setup have to catch up to pass or what? Pending I get traction of course. And if my old setup were to pull out front instantly, how many cars?

Not sure if it matters, but I think my rearend gear is 3.42.

Is first gear 3.42 x 2.66 x 460 = 4184? and 2nd gear 3.42 x 1.78 x 500= 3043? If so, looks like torque would catch up w/in the next 500rpms

P=W/T where P=power W=work and T=time

W = integral of F*D*S F=force d=distance s=postition vector or d*s = change in distance

F = M*A M=mass A=acceleration

just for fun T=R*F T=torque R=force's distance from the lever's fulcrum or level length

all boils down to P=T*angular speed (rpm)

basically work is what is takes to move and object and power is that work in relation to time.

so more power will do the same work in a shorter time ie move your car a set distance in a shorter period of time or move it further in a set period of time (or both). so in total ur current setup would pull a little bit at VERY first against the new setup at first till the power of the new setup becomes higher than the power of the old setup. figure u pickup 50 wtq in 600 rpms to put u at 550wtq at 3800rpm / 5252 = 397whp. that should be enough power start to reel in the old setup holding other things constant, traction will be a bit more difficult and the longer gear ration will accelerate a little bit slower but without doing a lot more math i would guess the new setup would be able to reel in the maybe half car to one car at most length the old set up would jump within 1000 rpm in second gear in the new setup.

hope that makes some sense i kinda rambled

slap it on a dyno and find out exactly what it does. Btw, your vette sounds absolutly sick man.

Yeah we plan on it, have to get the car done first. Everything is at IPS except the engine which is still being built. Probably have another couple weeks till the motor gets here though :(

And thanks! Will sound a little different with the new exhaust. I hope it still screams!

jason did you get the new duel mode exhaust from B&B?

http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/corvette/fusion/index.php

What Brandon said. :) I would have never changed my exhaust if it wasn't for the Twin Turbo already coming with it. I like the stock exhaust for the factory cut outs. lol