Norinco .45 + cash for colt SS

baron_

Have a very nice Norinco .45 with box, manual - etc

Supposedly gone through and cleaned up - I don't know the history very well though. I noticed that it has a solid rod (and paperwork for that) installed already

Great shooting gun - looks nice (very little wear) etc

Will trade + cash for a full-frame (5" barrel) colt .45 in stainless steel

Just thought I'd throw this out there - never know :)

might have interest in another SS .45

And if anyone heads to Vance's, check on what the cheapest SS colt they've got if you would

I like the Norinco quite a bit - and probably shoots better than a colt

I just realize I'm not the best at maintenance and should probably switch to SS

I don't believe they made Norinco's in SS

I'm shopping for a colt. I just like the name, history - etc

have a lead on one already - I'll post a straight price if i pick it up

I don't want left without a .45 :)

Indeed

I've shot it twice already. And cleaned it twice.

And i realize that I don't like cleaning the blued metal. I'm too lazy and will neglect this gun more than it should be. Live and learn (which, for me...is to move to something SS)

Also, I sold one of my 1100's to buy the Norinco. I promised that I wouldn't walk away from the show without spending that $$ on another firearm. The money mysteriously disappears when it's in my pocket too long

I'll get pics - still calling a few leads on colts

I wouldn't mind comparing the pattern on a bench between the Norinco and a Colt gov't model or MKIV

I bet the Norinco would shoot in between the lower colts and a gold cup

my g/f said she wanted $750 for her Kimber,comes with carrying bag,box of regular ammo,extra clip, and a box of 25 rounds of that shredder stuff.

she did her CCW class with this gun.

what kills me is she paid $100 for a purse made to hold this damn gun,and only shot maybe a box of ammo out of it.

she shot more rounds through the rental Kimber at new albany gun range than she did with the one she bought.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/andytantes/large_stainlessprocarry2.jpg

Just an FYI, but the quality of a SA 1911 will dance circle around anything Kimber has put out lately. Kimber is REALLY good at advertising/marketing.

you may be right,but are you speaking from experience or just repeating something you saw on a gun board??

you may be right,but are you speaking from experience or just repeating something you saw on a gun board??

Do a side by side comparison of them. I'm not hating on them, I just think they get waaaay overhyped.

And yes, I have shot both. Both shoot just fine, but there is an obvious difference in quality.

ive shot a springfield,and i really do like them

she did too,and chose the kimber.

she said she felt more confident with it than the springield or the glock that was there

she just likes this lady smith now,dont ask me to explain a woman's thinking.