Bush signs $168 Billion Economic Stimulus

GSXRAntwon

If this is a prefund on the 2008 Taxes.... how do I decline it????

KillJoy

It pretty much sounds like you can't, it sounds automatic....it states:

"To get any rebate, you must file a 2007 tax return and have a valid Social Security number. If you already filed your 2007 return, the IRS says you don't need to do anything extra."

Congress says allot of things, who was your history teacher? :p

Anyone who spends their check will spend it at Wal Mart on Chinese shit.

You are missing the point... people are in fear of a recession so they are hoarding their money and not spending freely... this "extra" money is supposed to spur spending because of an extra check...it doesnt matter if they spend it on chinese goods or not, they are spending it in American stores, which will up the profits, which will increase consumer confidence. It's basic economics and if you think it won't have any effect at all, you need to do some studying.

so how do we find out how much we're getting?

and is it going to be like, in 2008, i make 40,000, with this, 40,600, and ill have to pay taxes on the extra say 600? or say i make 40k, have a rebate of 1500, it will go to 900$?

either way, if i get a good chunk, i dont really have any "debts" to pay off...just a couple things financed to build up my credit score, so i'll probably just get my M&P 45c. should be out by then

You are missing the point... people are in fear of a recession so they are hoarding their money and not spending freely... this "extra" money is supposed to spur spending because of an extra check...it doesnt matter if they spend it on chinese goods or not, they are spending it in American stores, which will up the profits, which will increase consumer confidence. It's basic economics and if you think it won't have any effect at all, you need to do some studying.

ACtually it does. If you buy a product made in China or any other foreign country then a portion of that profit isnt going to help the nation's economy which is the point.

But in times like this people tend to hoard and save money rather than save it. I know I'll be saving my 600 bucks, but it wont be in my mattress it'll be in a savings account somewhere.