Who car has a sponsor

Twistedrx7

I see I see. I can get one with Spec, but they will only offer a discount not a full sponsorship

I'd have to figure this is all you're going to get unless you've got a solid plan for how you can make the sponsorship mutually beneficial. On a small local scale I don't think you'll do enough for a sponsor to get them to do anything other than discounts for you.

Then again, like most of us here, I'm really blind to your plans. Maybe a further explination of what you intentions are with your car can help us to better guide you.

So:

How do you plan on being a benefit to the sponsor in return?

Will your exposure be local only or on a national level?

Will your exposure be in track competition, car shows, etc?

Can you guarantee any media coverage: Magazine, TV, news print, etc.

Can you guarantee a schedule for exposure for yourself and the sponsor?

My suggestion is to lay all of this out and put together a proposal document or presentation. Have an idea of what you're looking for from a sponsorship rather than leaving it up to them...and more importantly use the points above to be able to jusify what you're looking for. Meet with potential sponsors and throw them your pitch and see what happens.

Andy

I'd have to figure this is all you're going to get unless you've got a solid plan for how you can make the sponsorship mutually beneficial. On a small local scale I don't think you'll do enough for a sponsor to get them to do anything other than discounts for you.

Then again, like most of us here, I'm really blind to your plans. Maybe a further explination of what you intentions are with your car can help us to better guide you.

So:

How do you plan on being a benefit to the sponsor in return?

Will your exposure be local only or on a national level?

Will your exposure be in track competition, car shows, etc?

Can you guarantee any media coverage: Magazine, TV, news print, etc.

Can you guarantee a schedule for exposure for yourself and the sponsor?

My suggestion is to lay all of this out and put together a proposal document or presentation. Have an idea of what you're looking for from a sponsorship rather than leaving it up to them...and more importantly use the points above to be able to jusify what you're looking for. Meet with potential sponsors and throw them your pitch and see what happens.

Andy

Like he said. I looked into this when I had my old car. Alot of work. Not to much work to find someone who'll discount your work and/or parts for partial sponsorship, though.

My stupid for a street car trap speeds and Don King persona have had companies throwing me a few bones-but no full sponsorships. I also would never take a part that I felt would not work.

http://www.dsmlink.com

http://www.jmfabrications.com

And-the best dyno facility in the Northeast

http://www.backstreetper.com

For reference-I included full retail of the parts I didn't pay for in any list of $ invested I have ever given out.

Clifford Automotive LLC pays for everything that goes into my car!!!

Oh wait, nevermind.

Pretty sweet dude, you must know the owner or something...

:grin2:

Im sure he would even be a hell of a guy and discount a paintjob for me. if say i put some advertisements on it... :eek:

The only way to really get a good sponsorship is to plan on doin alot of car shows. Alot of publicity and all the major shows which is the plan with my FD. Either that or you gotta do something nobody else has done whether it be a crazy dyno number, trap speed or e.t. which is really hard to do now-an-days.

If you're not at the pro level in a series it's going to be nearly impossible to get a sponsorship that pays you in cash. The most you can hope for is free to heavily discounted parts.

For example I helped out one of the all motor runners at the LSX-shootout. I set her up with a set of small high rate cup springs so she could rev the hell out of it. For a sticker on her car during the event. Being a good looking girl that has a fast car, I knew she'd get some coverage. Sure enough they interviewed her for the TV special.

We also had some nice advertisement on the cover of National Dragster with our contingency sticker on Fullers car this week.

If you're not at the pro level in a series it's going to be nearly impossible to get a sponsorship that pays you in cash. The most you can hope for is free to heavily discounted parts.

For example I helped out one of the all motor runners at the LSX-shootout. I set her up with a set of small high rate cup springs so she could rev the hell out of it. For a sticker on her car during the event. Being a good looking girl that has a fast car, I knew she'd get some coverage. Sure enough they interviewed her for the TV special.

We also had some nice advertisement on the cover of National Dragster with our contingency sticker on Fullers car this week.

this i know, and it really is impossible to get a sponsor that pays you in cash anyways im more less just looking for heavily discounted parts not even free!

this yea i was planning on running some pro am events however i have no cage yet in the new car so i cannot run those events so it will mearly be futures events.

any help is still help in the right direction =)