Foxbody with an RB26...yep.

Rally Pat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to ruin a Mustang.I was with it also,until that paint and ugly girls at NOPI.Oh well ,to each his own.He just killed it for both side though,The Mustang guys don't want it cause of the engine and the Import guys don't want it cause it's a Mustang.

Way to ruin a Mustang.I was with it also,until that paint and ugly girls at NOPI.Oh well ,to each his own.He just killed it for both side though,The Mustang guys don't want it cause of the engine and the Import guys don't want it cause it's a Mustang.

^^^he's right

There are plenty of reasons to perform an engine swap. But to swap to an engine with less power potential doesn't make much sense to me.

This statement isn't making much sense to me, because an RB series engine definitely has more power making potential than a Ford motor.

I also agree that they should have left it silver, the paint job sort of ruined it.

The stock block may handel more, but to build a 1000hp, its STILL cheaper to build a scratch 5.0 base than an RB25/6... so no, the power potential is less than that of the small block... as disheartening as is it is for me to promote the use of a sbf... its the truth.

im not big into 302's or know much about them, we all know they can make power tho, its been proven over and over, im not even sure what a stock 302 makes in power wise, stock the rb26 on dynojet in my friends 240 put down 306.72hp with 246lb-ft that is bone stock, stock boost, with a dsm sidemount, and stock exhaust with 102km on the motor set. The rb motors are truley underrated power wise they say factory they are only 280hp we all know thats a lie. bpu mods on the stock twins i bet can make a easy 360 whp just with your basic mods.

what does a stock 302 make like 320hp? I do not know much about these motors so do not flame me, thats why im asking.

Stock 302 about 225 hp and 300 tq at the crank.I just don't like the inline 6 in a Fox Body.I love the inline 6(see my IS300) just not in a mustang.I know Ford used to put them in from the factory.

I agree with you, I think the car is ugly imo, but i do respect the whole idea of them re wiring the car , and doing somthing different, thats about it.

The Windsor family of motors has far, far more capability than the RB and there is no fabrication required when installed in a Fox body. That was my point. Why go to all the trouble to swap something in that will never live up to the potential of what was taken out.

The Windsor family of motors has far, far more capability than the RB and there is no fabrication required when installed in a Fox body. That was my point. Why go to all the trouble to swap something in that will never live up to the potential of what was taken out.

They took out a stock four cyl, which has no where near the potential of an RB. In addition, they fabricated bolt in engine mounts so that if they wanted to, they could put a Ford motor back in. Why do it? Because they had it laying around, and an RB25 is cheap.