Foxbody with an RB26...yep.

Rally Pat

They took out a stock four cyl, which has no where near the potential of an RB. In addition, they fabricated bolt in engine mounts so that if they wanted to, they could put a Ford motor back in. Why do it? Because they had it laying around, and an RB25 is cheap.

Your not getting the point, he is saying that the windor motors do not take as much to install into a fox and make more hp, easier and more economically over the rb. I have a rb swapped 240 myself and that thing is stupid expensive to start modding out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bone stock 5.0 foxbody stangs put down about 205whp!! Least thats what my bone stock 5.0 did and 279ft/lbs . I would have to say the rb has more potential, due to the 5.0 being notorious for splitting in half when you go over 450hp

After making 500+ rwhp for several years on my 100,000 untouched shortblock, I will turning up the wick this year and will not stop untill it makes 600 rwhp. It will stay at that power level once it is tuned. If it was not for these motors being externally balanced, the power potiental would go up significantly more with properly internal balanced rotating assembly.

Your not getting the point, he is saying that the windor motors do not take as much to install into a fox and make more hp, easier and more economically over the rb. I have a rb swapped 240 myself and that thing is stupid expensive to start modding out.

its not that expensive rb parts are not bad., try modding a supra or 1jz.

Guest Removed
LMAO.

I gotta admit I am fan of both my mustangs and now the LS1 motors. You will just never seem me cross breed any of them.

granted the fox chassis is a great platform to start a drag car with, but i love seeing these bbc powered stangs getting out ran by one that has bbf or even turboed sbf powered ones.

they say its cheaper. but if you look at it, either one costs good money to build right! theres more chevy junk layying around for a reason.

stick that turbo on the stock 2.3, and watch what they could have done. Id say they could have made well over 550 whp for say around 3500 in parts? no swap needed

Actually no. The pistons would have exploded before even hitting 200. The NA 2.3 and 2.3 Turbo have completely different insides.

Trust me, I own one.

....are you daft?

I dont believe so. Daft...I've been using that word since I was 9. Senseless, stupid, and foolish is not I sir.

Now you on the other hand, I think your a schmuck!

Just so you dont have to look it up, that is a synonym for ass.

Dont take the interwebs so seriously!

:)

granted the fox chassis is a great platform to start a drag car with, but i love seeing these bbc powered stangs getting out ran by one that has bbf or even turboed sbf powered ones.

they say its cheaper. but if you look at it, either one costs good money to build right! theres more chevy junk layying around for a reason.

Well thats just because Chevy out sells Ford all day long. ;)