Sapporo

evan9381

going there tomorrow night after hearing a few things and seeing a couple people here mention it. it was up between there and Otani.

wasnt sure if i'd like sushi or not, but wanted to try something new. went out with some co-workers to raisin rack after hearing they had good sushi, and had some salmon, that was stuffed w/ avocado and cucumber (pretty sure). was actually a lot better than i thought it would be

what should i DEFINITELY try while im there? i've heard to stay away from eel. also, what would be something easy to eat incase the g/f isn't enjoying it too much? i thought i heard of something made w/ crab meat that isnt too bad.

Saporro is probably the best sushi in columbus, as far as im concerned. The prices are excellent!

Start out with the shrimp or vegtable tempura... always good.

California Rolls are an american sushi staple (no raw fish), imitation crab meat, avacado, and cucumber (I get mine w/o the cucumber).

Ro (some places spell it diffrently) is fish egg. (orange stuff, it really doesnt have a flavor but its always optional).

My wife use to go there at least 3 times a week, when we lived in columbus, she loved the spicy tuna roll, Madam butterfly, its a shrimp roll doesnt look like traditional sushi or a roll(I think thats the name), and just about every other roll they had. I always use to get the regular tuna roll a california roll and maybe chicken tempura or a version of the friend pork (whitch is called Dom Katsu, I think).

They have a spicy miso soup that is amazing and the regular miso isnt bad either, get one of each and share, Im sure you will like it.

I am not a big sushi fan but that place is just good. The fish always taste fresh and the rice is always cooked perfect.

If you have any other q's ask away, I'll ask my wife if I dont know.

do they have some sort of platter with a bit of everything on it that would be good to try and get a taste of most everything?

I'm telling you im japanese and its hard to find good japanese food anyplace in the country, everything is going to be close to the same menu wise, its who's food is more fresh, and who is making the food. 90% of the places ive been in columbus are not even japanese cooks, no offense, its going to be the same as a japanese person cooking , mexican or italian food, if you are not raised eating or seeing it, the food is just going to be different. If you are you are looking for a decent place to eat that is pretty close to authentic, go to HAna on old henderson, If you are wanting a platter, they have the "columbus box" which has your basic japense style salad, sushi rolls, japanese bbq ribs, your choice of fish, and shrimp and veggie tempura, all under 25 bucks, they have s everal types of "bento boxes" should just go and check it out. the place is super clean, the waitresses are very good, and the food is awsome. Out of all the japanese placeses I keep coming back here.

If you want to eat real sushi, bypass any mainstrem places and by hana they have the tensuke japanese market, go to the back and they have this little place to order fresh sushi, its not cheap its going to be 100+ but it will be more sushi they you and you wife can eat. why the fuck did I type all that, I need to learn to read better. anyways at sapporo if your a beer man, try orion beer, try anything, most the stuff will not kill ya. except for that raw blowfish or whatever, but I have not been baller enough to try it anyways.