Quick question about picking up this Regal I'm getting

Buck531

I want to look this car over very well before buying it. Do you think it would be too much to ask them to put it on the rack so I can look under it? Or just not worry about it. I just want to make sure there's no damage under it that I can't see from the sides or what not.

The car is at a big Toyota stealership in Cleveland. I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I dunno if I'd feel like an idiot asking them though.

x2 if they dont let u walk out.

haha.. I'm not walking out. I put a deposit on this car and I haven't seen it. I got it off of ebay. The salesman is really cool so I'm sure he'll work with me.

Oh.. and it's in Cleveland. It's not like I just wanna pick up and take off after a 2 hour drive. :).

You are the customer. Act like it.

True..

but has anyone here asked a dealership to put a car on the rack so you wanted to look at it? That's mainly what I'm getting at. I'm sure it'll be fine, I guess I just want to make sure nothing is hidden or what not. It was in a "minor" accident back in 04 in the front left corner. By the pics you can't tell. I dunno.

§1345.02 Unfair or deceptive consumer sales practices prohibited.

(A) No supplier shall commit an unfair or deceptive act or practice in connection with a consumer transaction. Such an unfair or deceptive act or practice by a supplier violates this section whether it occurs before, during, or after the transaction.

Lemon Laws do apply to used cars. Just a bit of reading'll tell you what you can ask before purchasing.

http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ocll-site/ocll-cplaw.html

Guest 78novaman

They should have no trouble putting it up on the rack for you if their service department is no busy.

You said Cleveland? I would check the bolts for the K member to the chassis. I bought an olds 88 from up there, the washers rotted out and gave way. Not fun to put that back together and I got lucky it didn't damage anything.

True..

but has anyone here asked a dealership to put a car on the rack so you wanted to look at it? That's mainly what I'm getting at. I'm sure it'll be fine, I guess I just want to make sure nothing is hidden or what not. It was in a "minor" accident back in 04 in the front left corner. By the pics you can't tell. I dunno.

I do it with EVERY used car I buy. You can never look over a car to much that you plan to buy IMO. If you plan to keep it for a while or (forever) you want to make sure EVERYTHING is 100%.... :cool: