Cobra Timing Cover

Guest Hal

Tap on the edges (where it is strong) firmly with a dead blow/rubber mallet and then stick a med pry bar down the top and "pop" with your palm to pop it off. MAKR sure it is ALL unbolted first or it will not give and something else will. Keep in mind there are dowels from the block to that cover so it needs to come straight out not at a angle

Tried all that, I'm wondering if the cold is making it harder. My garage isn't insulated so I'm at the temps mercy.

Derek, I've got those out. I almost forgot them, but remembered at the last minute.

Steve, it's already spoken for.

Isn't there two on each side through the valve covers.

yup, two little fellas.

The only problem with prying is, it's aluminum. It has a good bit of bend to it and I don't want to damage it in any way. I may try a little heater or something.

That's weird. Do you have the valve covers off all the way? I have never had a front cover stick on a mod motor. They only use a small amount of silicon in a few spots and I've never had the dowels stick.

It just needed more persuasion. I'll put up a pic or two of the cars progress soon.

BTW: RL, do you know if the engine harness (the one that has the injectors and blower sensors) can be swapped with a harness from a Mach?