Any good traffic attorneys in Cols?

Zecho

I got herded into a speed trap (along with about 5 cars) yesterday. I got a ticket for 54 in a 35. I wouldn't mind if he clocked me and pulled me over, but unless his laser skimmed the top of the cars in front of me and bounced off the very top of my helmet, I don't see that happening. He literally jumped out in front of traffic and almost caused a pile up, then started picking and choosing and writing us (I'm assuming) all the same ticket.

Yeah, this one will be contested.

I believe his name is Pete Shamansky my friend has used him a couple of time to get out of traffic violations you might want to try this guy. :dunno:

[/quote:78a7a]

There is no attorney here in Columbus by that name. You may be meaning Sam Shamansky. Sam is one of the best attorneys in the state. High profile felonies is his cup of tea but he is more than capable to handle a speeding ticket. That being said, it'll cost you to retain Sam. I should also tell you that if you are sure you're not going to take any plea deals, you shouldn't retain Sam. Its unlikely he'd take such a case all the way to trial. He'll get you the best plea deal out there but I doubt he'd want to take it to trial if push came to shove. Just my 2 pennies.

I forget the legal mumbo jumbo, but a former co-worker got out of a speeding ticket scott free by saying his speedometer was broken. I'm no expert, but I did see his ticket, and just taking his word that he was telling me the truth about getting out of it.

This is not a defense to a speeding violation. Seems like someone cut your friend a deal or dismissed the case for some other reason that your friend does not know about.

Stephen Ames.

I drank a bottle of tequila, crashed my bike on I70 in Licking County, drew the worst judge and got a letter from the state that it never happened.

Save the lectures, this was a few years ago.

Pops

Sounds like my kind of guy. Thanks for all the info, I'll be calling as many as I can to get a feel for them tomorrow. This is the second ticket I have gotten in 10 years, but the other one was just 6 weeks ago for doing 35 in what turned out to be a school zone.

Heres my legal advise.. rite from the movie Liar Liar "Stop breakin the law ASSSHOOOLLLEEE" :thefinger:

Where I come from, if you don't go with the flow you get a ticket for impeding traffic. If you don't go with the flow on a bike, you get ran over.

Apparently, the bikers started fighting back.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1892

I forget the legal mumbo jumbo, but a former co-worker got out of a speeding ticket scott free by saying his speedometer was broken. I'm no expert, but I did see his ticket, and just taking his word that he was telling me the truth about getting out of it.

THE ONLY WAY - That will work is if you actually go in court with a receipt from a dealer or some other auto repair shop stating that you in deed had your speedo repaired or replaced. OF which it MUST be dated after receiving the speeding ticket!..... Better even to have it dated the day after getting the ticket. Like "I didn't know it was 15mph off, or working at all", so when I got that speeding ticket, I made the 1st appointment to get it repaired.

Now that's my 2 pennies as Cleaner says!

L8R T8R - SKIP

Perhaps you can get it reduced to a non-moving violation, so that you don't stack up any more points. The cop gave you a break, 1mph more and he could of hit you with a 6pt reckless ops ticket and that REALLY would of cost ya! -

If your record isn't bad at all, you can still make that plea even without a lawyer - Why waste all that money if you don't have too?

GOOD LUCK! - Skip

Heres my legal advise.. rite from the movie Liar Liar "Stop breakin the law ASSSHOOOLLLEEE" :thefinger:

Wow... you are a huge dick. You must be trying to compensate for something... :dunno:

Go eat a donut or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Since the last post in this thread is almost 2 years old, does any one have any referrals to update this thread?

I don't know if it matters where you hire a lawyer but I got pulled over in Madison County.