Put a clutch in my Camaro, I'll give you a laptop

Archie

The laptop is used...

I got a spec stage 3 pressure plate/clutch disc/flywheel off of a guy I work with. I don't really know what else I need.

I don't have anywhere to do it.

The car is drivable (clutch just slips bad), so I can drop it off wherever. It would be fucking money if someone could do it tomarrow, but I'm willing to drop it off for the week.

You better throw in a new slave cylinder , obviously a TO bearing.

I am not going to do it for a used laptop but if you want to pay cash I will do it this week.

It's obvious you've never done an LT1 clutch before. Slave cylinder is pointless to do on these cars unless damaged. And even so, you can literally jack the car up 3", reach under and take two nuts off, and the thing pops off...no real need to do it while doing the clutch. As for the TO bearing, the LT1 uses a patented pressure plate by Valeo (all aftermarket LT1 clutches are some modified verson of this, using either the LT1 or LT4 Valeo PP...performance clutches always using the LT4), and is a pull-style clutch (most clutches are push style). You don't replace the TO bearing on these PP's. It is smart, however, to replace the pilot bushing (usually with a bearing), and it's not a bad idea to replace the rear main seal at the same time.

I'd do it (I've done around 4 or 5 LT1 clutches now, can't recall anymore), but my garage is super full with 2 projects and very non-insulated. If it still isn't done by April, I may be able to do it then. And I've installed 3 SPEC Stage III clutches (that's what my car sports for now).

Since this is a used unit, inspect the metal retainers for the spring hub for any cracks (known weak point of their discs). Any sign of cracks, throw it away. When installed PP bolts, MAKE SURE to locktite them. Tommy (GRN96WS6) torqued his to spec, but due to no locktite, had one back out and go through his bellhousing back when he had his WS6 (installed a SPEC clutch at that time).

Hints to others:

- Wobble extensions are your friend

- Make sure the clutch fork is fully engaged when reinstalling...it can be tricky, and something look like it is engaged when it isn't

- Drain the tranny first. Otherwise, you will end up making a mess

- Pull off the shifter. It is doable by just removing the shift knob/handle/inside boot, but if you are a first timer on one of these, it is far worth the extra few minutes.

- Though doable with one person, it is FAR easier to get the tranny put back in w/ a helper. There are dowel pins, but getting it shoved in can be a PITA. 5 minutes from a helper is very useful.

- This isn't some super light tranny...a tranny jack makes life a whole lot easier.

Hint to owner: this is a GREAT time to swap out your torque arm with a non-tranny mounted unit, such as what Spohn offers. Also a good time to replace the tranny mount; if it is a stock LT1 mount, it is either broken or will be soon enough.

Guest 614Streets
It's obvious you've never done an LT1 clutch before. Slave cylinder is pointless to do on these cars unless damaged. And even so, you can literally jack the car up 3", reach under and take two nuts off, and the thing pops off...no real need to do it while doing the clutch. As for the TO bearing, the LT1 uses a patented pressure plate by Valeo (all aftermarket LT1 clutches are some modified verson of this, using either the LT1 or LT4 Valeo PP...performance clutches always using the LT4), and is a pull-style clutch (most clutches are push style). You don't replace the TO bearing on these PP's. It is smart, however, to replace the pilot bushing (usually with a bearing), and it's not a bad idea to replace the rear main seal at the same time.

I'd do it (I've done around 4 or 5 LT1 clutches now, can't recall anymore), but my garage is super full with 2 projects and very non-insulated. If it still isn't done by April, I may be able to do it then. And I've installed 3 SPEC Stage III clutches (that's what my car sports for now).

Since this is a used unit, inspect the metal retainers for the spring hub for any cracks (known weak point of their discs). Any sign of cracks, throw it away. When installed PP bolts, MAKE SURE to locktite them. Tommy (GRN96WS6) torqued his to spec, but due to no locktite, had one back out and go through his bellhousing back when he had his WS6 (installed a SPEC clutch at that time).

Hints to others:

- Wobble extensions are your friend

- Make sure the clutch fork is fully engaged when reinstalling...it can be tricky, and something look like it is engaged when it isn't

- Drain the tranny first. Otherwise, you will end up making a mess

- Pull off the shifter. It is doable by just removing the shift knob/handle/inside boot, but if you are a first timer on one of these, it is far worth the extra few minutes.

- Though doable with one person, it is FAR easier to get the tranny put back in w/ a helper. There are dowel pins, but getting it shoved in can be a PITA. 5 minutes from a helper is very useful.

- This isn't some super light tranny...a tranny jack makes life a whole lot easier.

Hint to owner: this is a GREAT time to swap out your torque arm with a non-tranny mounted unit, such as what Spohn offers. Also a good time to replace the tranny mount; if it is a stock LT1 mount, it is either broken or will be soon enough.

My bad I was thinking ls1.

Guest Removed
lol, u drunk?

um no. i have lock out tools to open any locked car. he said he was dropping it off for a week. ie meaning till next saturday. i am bissy thru the week. i can go in saturday morning and have it done in a few hours.

so just how do you think im drunk!

um no. i have lock out tools to open any locked car. he said he was dropping it off for a week. ie meaning till next saturday. i am bissy thru the week. i can go in saturday morning and have it done in a few hours.

so just how do you think im drunk!

Oh I guess I just misunderstood you. The "I'll throw the clutch in the front seat" made me lol.