diesel's

Sturg1647545502

Cummins don't have glow plugs, so you can as many miles on it as you want and dont have to worry about that. I have 202,000 miles on my truck now with my third injection pump. I think I might have got a good one this time. I hope at $1,600 a pop.

Tranny's on my gen. truck suck stock but if your not modding it and new valve body and converter will help bunches. Injection pumps are junk. Never had any problems with front end issues.

Your truck is the exact truck I want more than any other. I just cannot afford the repair costs.

Mmmm, #2 fuel oil is tasty! Goes good with some veggie oil.

I have 90% of my parts for putting a 4BT in my dakota, just a few driveshaft yokes and I can start assembly.

BTW, alot of people are swaping diesels into other vehicles (cummins 4BT/4BTA are popular and plentiful) Jeeps, 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks, SUVs are popular recipients. Also, alot of the cummins 4BTs came with a chevy bellhousing, so they swap in nicely.

BTW, alot of people are swaping diesels into other vehicles (cummins 4BT/4BTA are popular and plentiful) Jeeps, 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks, SUVs are popular recipients. Also, alot of the cummins 4BTs came with a chevy bellhousing, so they swap in nicely.

Yeah a friend of mine it working on putting at 3.9 into his 87 Jeep Cherokee. He has a relative that has a diesel performance shop down south that is going to help him. If it turns out nice, I may swap one in my 94 Cherokee or find a Grand Cherokee and drop one in.

Your truck is the exact truck I want more than any other. I just cannot afford the repair costs.

Once the major repairs are done to these(injection pump, lift pump, trans) like mine has had, it doesnt cost that much to maintain. The oil changes are a little more expensive but other than that not bad.

Once the major repairs are done to these(injection pump, lift pump, trans) like mine has had, it doesnt cost that much to maintain. The oil changes are a little more expensive but other than that not bad.

I would hate to imagine what all of those repairs cost though. If it was my only vehicle then I could afford it, but I have too many toys. I will say though that riding in even a lightly modified diesel is a kick ass ride. A buddy of mine has a 94 or 95 CTD that ran 14 flat in the quarter. He said that on the dyno it had torque numbers around 600+(I can't remember the exact #). All I know is when the smoke started pouring out of the exhaust, the feeling of torque was insane. It wasn't a pin-your-ass-back torque, but rather an insanely linear feeling. It was honestly unlike anything I'd ever ridden in before. I will have one someday.

I wouldn't mind picking up an 03 to 06 duramax quad cab in black or pewter. We have one at the Byers I work at. It's unbelievably sexy.

http://www.byerssuperstore.com/temps/details.cfm?searchvkid=219203&cftoken=6d550a6bbd5d454a-5D446DD2-EA0E-BF0F-2D2D3133DF847E80&cfid=2957719

unfortunatoey i keep getting confermation taht Vw cars are crappy. someone i work with said her new jetta had 3 recalls and that for the first few months she was back at the dealer a couple times a month,

i dont like audis, so thats out. id like to find a 50-70k mi TDI jetta...enough miles to make sure its not a POS.

a PA at work gave me this site if i can find a rolling chassy. http://www.gex.com/17dsleng.htm

My buddy is about to sell one of the best looking dirtymax ive ever seen.

I wouldn't mind picking up an 03 to 06 duramax quad cab in black or pewter. We have one at the Byers I work at. It's unbelievably sexy.

http://www.byerssuperstore.com/temps/details.cfm?searchvkid=219203&cftoken=6d550a6bbd5d454a-5D446DD2-EA0E-BF0F-2D2D3133DF847E80&cfid=2957719

As a duramax owner, I'd say go with the TDI.

I love my truck but it is not economical at all. $3.50ish/gal sucks! Even the fact that it gets better mileage than most trucks doesn't make up for the fact that diesel is super expensive.

Although, like was said before. Not too many vehicles will get 15+mpg while tow a 10k lb. hauler, and get you into the 12's. All in the same day. ;)

dodge trucks are junk, the engine is good but the transmissions are shit. and the front ends wear out like crazy tie rod ends and ball joints. straight axle, has u-joints that wear out offten too.

powerjokes only seem to have the front end issuse as well ball joints and tie rod ends. auto transmissions are kinda junk on the older ones.

duramax is what i had. i loved that thing. drive one for yourself and you'll agree. no issues with the 2004.5+ (LLY and i forget the new one)trucks but the 01-04.5 (LB7) had some injector issues. if GM already replaced them under warranty then your good to go.

i don't know who told you about pulling a cylinder out to rebuild it but they were on crack. they are not that fun to work on.

EXACTLY what I was just gonna say. Our work bought an 04 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel back when it was new, and so far it has 93,000miles on it. Its been through 3 transmissions, and its in the shop about every 6-8months for front end work(balljoints/tierods). When they bought that truck we did keep our old work truck(96 Ford F350 Powerstroke) Has never had anything but routine maint. done on it. The sad thing is, that truck has 587,000 on it!!!!! If you want a diesel truck to last. Get the Ford Powerstroke or the Chevy Duramax. If it says dodge on it, RUN!!!!!