Voyager Problems?

Trjackson

I searched, didn't find anything.

Have any of you had an issue with your LG Voyager? Every now and then mine will shut off when I am pluging the charger into it. No biggie right?

Well today the phone has done everything to piss me off. First, I wake up, phone was turned off, I didn't turn it off and it had a full charge. Second, aproxamately 4 pm, I recieve a FWD. Of course, I ignore it as I do most of them. However, around 4:30 pm, I go back and reread the FWD, and it is funny as hell. Therefore, I felt compelled to FWD it myself. I send it to a few people, then I decide to send it to a few more people. At first, on the second set of FWD's it would not let me send it. The split second I hit send, it said sending failed. I tryed this 4 times, didn't work. Therefore, I decide to restart my phone. From then on and it is still doing this. Every one minute eight seconds it turns off and restarts itself. It does this, whether I am trying to talk on the phone, sending a txt, or even in standby. I tryed everything, and I do mean everything. I had it turned off for over and hour, and had the battery out of it for over an hour. Has anyone had this problem before?

I was at work when this happened, therefore I couldn't make it to a verizon store today, I am going before I go to work tomarrow. I have insurance on it, however, due to it being a malfunction of the phone, will I have to pay my deductable?

Thanks guys.

Jackson

Ive lost count on the number of phones Ive have replaced in the past two years due the phones being faulty (with no insurance) ...10+

I havnt had any issues getting mine replaced. If that doesnt work... Make friends with the service tech and you shouldnt have an issue.

Call *611/or go to the store.

Tell them your voyager is having software issues and you want to use the manufacturer warranty to replace it.

As long as the phone doesnt have any physical or water damage it will be replaced for free.

The store can replace it the same day, customer service takes 2 business days.

Call *611/or go to the store.

Tell them your voyager is having software issues and you want to use the manufacturer warranty to replace it.

As long as the phone doesnt have any physical or water damage it will be replaced for free.

The store can replace it the same day, customer service takes 2 business days.

plus 1

I had similar issue's with my Q and everytime I took it in it was replaced under warranty therefore i didnt pay my deductable.

I had problems sending one text to multiple people aswell, I couldn't fwd a text to more than 3 people at a time, dont know why. Oh and this was on my Q.

Its not that verizon makes the phones, but they have the cheapest models, then they reprogram the phones with their shitty software...

No network blocked phones FTW

Ignorance...Here we go again... They have the manufacturer to block things out because they have billable features that would be useless if people had full access to them. Does it suck, yes.. is it a smart business decision... hell yes.

If you dont know shit about cell phones please dont post.

Edit: about the cheap phones. Take the razors and all the other phones that are made for multiple companies and hold them side by side...

Never had any sort of problems really with any of my verizon phones, I've been with them since Freshman year of highschool I believe. They've always replaced my phones if needed with no questions asked and very little hassle. (Even when one I had did have, had 'water' damage as a whole two liter of Mt. Dew dumped onto the phone completely killing it, thanks Luke) But they've always seemed to have better service than any of my friends carriers. No complaints on my end.

Ignorance...Here we go again... They have the manufacturer to block things out because they have billable features that would be useless if people had full access to them. Does it suck, yes.. is it a smart business decision... hell yes.

If you dont know shit about cell phones please dont post.

Edit: about the cheap phones. Take the razors and all the other phones that are made for multiple companies and hold them side by side...

I meant Verizon carries a lot of cheap phones...

and you pretty much said what I said but changed it to the manufacturer puts it on, not the service provider. Its not just billable features either...

I meant Verizon carries a lot of cheap phones...

and you pretty much said what I said but changed it to the manufacturer puts it on, not the service provider. Its not just billable features either...

What else do they block out other than billable features?

What else do they block out other than billable features?

I agree its mostly billable things, but they change the software thats loaded on there like games, apps, themes etc. Of course they change the startup logo to the service provider's.

Back when the razr came out i got a never been locked one from europe and my girfriend got one from tmobile. I had tons of small things did she did not have. Verizon also puts their download section (i think its called vcast) on there, where normally it wouldnt have a standard one on there(which i guess can be considered billable) But the overall way the phone navigated was differant

The cell phone companies tell the manufacturer what they want to have in the phone. The manufacturer then makes the software, and throws in the extras based on the company. All of the phones still have the original overseas software, it just has to be "unlocked". If you search other forums there are a bunch of ways to get full acess to the phones software.