Anyone have a use for .308 Winchester?

Nate1647545505

173 Grain Match Grade boat tails flew nice out of my M14 :D

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01291/24/46/1291946442_l.jpg

Scott - do you have a hi res copy of that? That is one kick ass picture - I like how the weapon is wrapped. These are only 150gr, defintely not match ammo

TypeR - I'll PM you my cell, I'll be in town this weekend, should be able to drop them off.

I took it with my buddies digi cam when I was roof top guard @ our patrol base in Tarmiya. Could be better on my myspace page http://www.myspace.com/scobilly

Story:

On roof top for 6+ hours, watching these 2 guys BS all day. Sunset is coming on, and it's maybe 5 or 6pmish, watch these 2 walk back into the shop. I sit there, smoke another cigarette, look back into my scope, and see in the way back of the shop, these 2 coming back out. This time they're packing, one had an RPG (guy in white) then out came guy in black with an RPK. I did a quick windage SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) on range, poped off first shot into guy in white. Hit him, guy in black is stunned as they're standing in the front of the shop, then I follow up with guy in black and crack off a round. Guy in white got one basically in the neck, the guy in black had a sucking chest wound. My platoon went out a few minutes later to give me the run down on what I did. I thought it was around 450ish meters, turned out to be closer to 500. Good thing I shot a lil high :D

I took it with my buddies digi cam when I was roof top guard @ our patrol base in Tarmiya. Could be better on my myspace page www.myspace.com/scobilly

Story:

On roof top for 6+ hours, watching these 2 guys BS all day. Sunset is coming on, and it's maybe 5 or 6pmish, watch these 2 walk back into the shop. I sit there, smoke another cigarette, look back into my scope, and see in the way back of the shop, these 2 coming back out. This time they're packing, one had an RPG (guy in white) then out came guy in black with an RPK. I did a quick windage SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) on range, poped off first shot into guy in white. Hit him, guy in black is stunned as they're standing in the front of the shop, then I follow up with guy in black and crack off a round. Guy in white got one basically in the neck, the guy in black had a sucking chest wound. My platoon went out a few minutes later to give me the run down on what I did. I thought it was around 450ish meters, turned out to be closer to 500. Good thing I shot a lil high :D

Excellent work. You should know your Mil-dot by now :p Did you already have the elevation dialed in?

I took it with my buddies digi cam when I was roof top guard @ our patrol base in Tarmiya. Could be better on my myspace page http://www.myspace.com/scobilly

Story:

:cool:

If the 308 is still up for grabs, which it probably isn't... I'll take it for my 700 LTR. It's been awhile since I have shot it. I hate that I work at a range and don't get to shoot as much as I want!

Story:

W00tw00t. Two less TAs in the world. Good job, Scott. Thanks for looking out for us.