MazdaSpeed6

JaSSon

and one of the best sounding 4cyl motors I've heard when breathing out a good exhaust.

"Boxer sound" has nothing to do with the engine. It hast to to with the exhaust manifold, the tubes are un-equal length to the turbo. This gives the boxer rumble or pulse. As soon as you put a equal length header on one, it sounds just like and Evo, Honda, Toyota. You make a little more power, but IMO not worth it unless yo are building a rally car. I like the sound also. I'd hold back a few ponies on a street vehicle.

Corrected above. Thanks for the info. I do like the sound of the set up though. :D

"Boxer sound" has nothing to do with the engine. It hast to to with the exhaust manifold, the tubes are un-equal length to the turbo. This gives the boxer rumble or pulse. As soon as you put a equal length header on one, it sounds just like and Evo, Honda, Toyota. You make a little more power, but IMO not worth it unless yo are building a rally car. I like the sound also. I'd hold back a few ponies on a street vehicle.

I never understand the FM intercooler piping going out of the turbo to the right, going through the core then back up and OVER the Turbo then to the intake. :wtf: Isn't the reason you get a front mount is to get rid of heat soak? There are FMIC that go the correct way.

In my experience, MS6 owners are generally (generally, I know I haven't met all of them and there are exceptions) idiots. They look for any reason to race now that they can afford something cheap and fast, and when they lose they are laaaaame. I'm not saying you'll be associated with these guys, I'm just saying that the community you'll be excited to join may disappoint.

I think it was Motor Trend that did a comparison of Mid-size AWD turbo 4-doors. Among others were the MS6, the LGT Spec-B, and the A4 2.0T. The 2.0T won handily, but the LGT came in a close second. It totally outperformed the MS6. The MS6 forum (probably the one linked earlier this thread) erupted with cries of foul play, claiming "the MT guys probably didn't ice down the IC on the 6 before it ran its lap, its bullshit that the LGT won!"

Don't give advise if you know nothing about what you are talking about.

one might argue that you shouldnt give anything you dont know how to spell.

advise is a verb, bro. advice is a noun.

having owned a wrx, and driven a legacy gt, i can tell you that i very much am a fan of both. the only issue i think that you would run into if youre thinking about modding the gt is the tranny. the 5 speed was initially designed to hold the 150 or less ft.lbs. produced by the old 2.5 rs. it wasnt beefed up for the wrx, and its one of the first things that goes when one starts adding power. given that the old wrx had a 2.0, and the gt has a 2.5, i think its reasonable to assume that the 2.5 is capable of more torque, and therefore that same 5 speed tranny would be at even more risk. still, its a very nice car, and way more fun than a comparably priced accord/camry/sonata.

having owned a wrx, and driven a legacy gt, i can tell you that i very much am a fan of both. the only issue i think that you would run into if youre thinking about modding the gt is the tranny. the 5 speed was initially designed to hold the 150 or less ft.lbs. produced by the old 2.5 rs. it wasnt beefed up for the wrx, and its one of the first things that goes when one starts adding power. given that the old wrx had a 2.0, and the gt has a 2.5, i think its reasonable to assume that the 2.5 is capable of more torque, and therefore that same 5 speed tranny would be at even more risk. still, its a very nice car, and way more fun than a comparably priced accord/camry/sonata.

I read somewhere that the LGT used a "reinforced" version of the wrx tranny? any element of truth to that?

Test drove the legacy 3.0 today. Awesome car. I'm looking to test drive the 2.5i, as I don't need the extra power.

You know you've had a good test drive when the dealer is gripping the door handle the whole time. ;) Either way, I liked the Legacy better then the Mazda. Strangely enough...

I read somewhere that the LGT used a "reinforced" version of the wrx tranny? any element of truth to that?

not that im aware of. ill read around, see what i find.

At least I have seen and used an apostrophe before.

i guess its a good thing for me that they dont care much about punctuation in a spelling bee.