[SNIPER CREW] 1.3mile shot in Afghanistan

RedRocket1647545505

anywhere w/ a .50 cal in the torso is a kill

Without the details of the ammunition, "kill" would be a debatable term. Kill in the sense that all gunshot wounds if not treated will kill (and the fact i have have a half inch hole in me), definitely; Comparable to a hit on a vital (in between the eyes, neck, heart, or groin area artery), plausible.

wow.

i watched a tv interview of an army sniper and it made me laugh. i cant remember the names but here is how it went....

tv guy: what do you feel when you look down you scope and pull the trigger on an enemy?

sniper: a slight recoil (insert evil grin here)

Without the details of the ammunition, "kill" would be a debatable term. Kill in the sense that all gunshot wounds if not treated will kill (and the fact i have have a half inch hole in me), definitely; Comparable to a hit on a vital (in between the eyes, neck, heart, or groin area artery), plausible.

I'm sure the Hellfire ensured the kill.

wow i thought that for sure was real the thing i saw had picts of her and that guy like in an interview setting with like subtitles and shit. guess you cant believe everything you see on the intraweb who would have thunk it???

Hatchcock was hitting the Vietcong from what? 2500-3000 yards with a mounted .50 M2 back in the 60s?

That shit is nuts.

I think the book said he had it sighted in at 2300 or 2500, still that's a hell of a distance to be launching a half inch piece of lead from the top of a hill.

I concur. 750gr ammunition should be still be able to hit, and hit hard at that range. Hatchcock was hitting the Vietcong from what? 2500-3000 yards with a mounted .50 M2 back in the 60s?

That shit is nuts.

He did it with a 3X redfield scope I believe. His biography was a great read, especially the white feather aspect. Fucking baiting them to hit him :lol: That man had some real balls. But a 2,100 meter kill is extremely impressive non the less. Army snipers > Marine snipers :D

He did it with a 3X redfield scope I believe. His biography was a great read, especially the white feather aspect. Fucking baiting them to hit him :lol: That man had some real balls. But a 2,100 meter kill is extremely impressive non the less. Army snipers > Marine snipers :D

Plus one!! I love that biography.

I thought 8x? I'll have to dig up the book and check, but who the hell cares, man is a legend.