Moral Issue regarding tuning.

thorne

So I've got a WRX I'm tuning come here next week. It's got a very similar setup to me minus a couple things. I know this car can easly make 280awhp with out pushing it to hard.

here the issue. The kid who owns it was well he's a good kid but he's never hd anything over the stock 165. I took him for a ride in my car and he damn near turned shit his pants. He even commented that he was not sure if he could control that much power.

So would you tune his car to a lower level and update it later for him once he get used to it. I mean he straight skipped stage 2 which would have atleast gave him a feel for the hard boost come on vs stocks lazy spool.

Yes. If the kid really hasnt driven anything with more than 165hp then it would be like giving him a loaded gun if he didnt know how to handle it. I havent driven your car in a while Thorne, but I'm sure its quite a bit nastier now. I say you straight tell the kid. Just say you tuned it to such a level so he could get used to it, dont disrespect him, just tell him its so he can get used to the mods he's made. Then update it for him later for free(assuming he's paying you in the first place).

I'm road tuning him for free then were gonna toss it on the dyno. I prefer to take a car in a descent tuned shape to the dyno to optimise time. So basicly I used the dyno to smooth out and tweak.

I told him since he seemed nervous we could transition him up and he seemed ok with it but I was not postive.

Ryan Old ride was fun new ride is more fun ;) Ask miller what he thought.

Guest 614Streets
Yes and also buy him a backroom dance , tell the stripper you have a snowball for her , slip her a 50 , and tell her he's getting married tommrrow and to show him one good last time. Make sure she has herpes , gotta risk it yah know?

While I was in college, I was driving a 94 Geo Metro. Once I graduated and started working, I traded it in on a 96 Firebird Formula. Talk about a step up in HP. Wow!! I was 20 at the time. I knew that I had much more HP and knew that I had to learn how to handle the car with that much HP. Basically, I agree with dragknee.

Tune it TO THE MAX@!@!. I'll chauffer him if it's necessary :D

..... :) You serious? If you are He's your friend so I will do it per your request. I just hate to hear him smashing into a tree or something. I know my car can get to 120+ a helluva alot faster then it could when i bought it.

If I had to decide he would be getting his governor set at 120 ;) Make sure that boy get the WB and has IPS put it in They have the AEM Uego in stock. I can't really dial it in for shit with out a wB.

miller hit me on aim

If I had to decide he would be getting his governor set at 120 ;) Make sure that boy get the WB and has IPS put it in They have the AEM Uego in stock. I can't really dial it in for shit with out a wB.

Quit being his dad and hook him up. :burn:

Personally.... You are not a business, correct? You are tuning for free..... correct? Does everyone know you are doing this?

If anything goes wrong, either in the tune, or the increased power.... are YOU protected from any liability?

I wouldn't touch it.....

KillJoy

Id say talk him into going stage 2... I remember that jump in power for me was bit of an awakening. I had never had a fast car before and my 14.4 car was now running 13.5s.

Plus kids are stupid, ive done some stupid things in my car that if I had more power I would most likely not be here.

Personally.... You are not a business, correct? You are tuning for free..... correct? Does everyone know you are doing this?

If anything goes wrong, either in the tune, or the increased power.... are YOU protected from any liability?

I wouldn't touch it.....

KillJoy

I made him aware that I'm not liable and I'm doing this to take care of him. Technically I believe the tune is part of IPS's install of his exhaust as it included a stage x flash. If you put brakes on your friends car and he stops fast and gets rearended are you liable.