Anyone here us PTC Pro/E?

Science Abuse

Eric, our FSAE car (entirely) is mapped out in Pro-E. It takes some getting used to, but once you learn the basics you can master the program. I have been designing all of the Rx7 parts in it, so far, so good.

Learning Fluidworks and Ricardo Wave is now the challenge......and will probably be the death of me.

Eric, our FSAE car (entirely) is mapped out in Pro-E. It takes some getting used to, but once you learn the basics you can master the program. I have been designing all of the Rx7 parts in it, so far, so good.

You're most likely right. My situation is:

"Ahh, you have Auto Cad Experience, come work here!...*toss text book* here take this book and play with Pro-E until you figure it out and we can get you into a class."

I swear to god this book was written for another version.

You're most likely right. My situation is:

"Ahh, you have Auto Cad Experience, come work here!...*toss text book* here take this book and play with Pro-E until you figure it out and we can get you into a class."

I swear to god this book was written for another version.

Let me see if I can pass a copy of "coach" to you. It takes you through dantums, solids, shapes, etc

Let me see if I can pass a copy of "coach" to you. It takes you through dantums, solids, shapes, etc

That's how I learned Pro/E. My class in college was basically just "ok, go through coach and let me know if you have questions." That was the lab at least, obviously I didn't attend the lectures :D

Also, I'm surprised that your FSAE team uses pro/e (although now that I think about it, our team at purdue used it also). Honda (and my company, which is a supplier) uses 100% catia, and from what I understand, so do most other automotive companies.

That's how I learned Pro/E. My class in college was basically just "ok, go through coach and let me know if you have questions." That was the lab at least, obviously I didn't attend the lectures :D

Also, I'm surprised that your FSAE team uses pro/e (although now that I think about it, our team at purdue used it also). Honda (and my company, which is a supplier) uses 100% catia, and from what I understand, so do most other automotive companies.

You're in the company of a fellow Boilermaker. :)

autoCAD. anyone else here use that back before it was windows based? oh yeah, im old school. release 12 baby.

now i need to get dan to show me solidworks.

No, but unfortunately I have to use catia V4 from time to time, which is not windows based, and also CADAM (also called CCD).

Nate - I still don't understand why they teach us Catia freshman year, then ME doesn't touch it after that. I was ME '06, btw.

You made boilers? Who the hell uses steam power anymore? :p

"Boilermakers and boilermaker mechanics make, install, and repair boilers, closed vats, and other large vessels or containers that hold liquids and gases. Boilers heat water or other fluids under extreme pressure for use in generating electric power and to provide heat and power in buildings, factories, and ships. Chemicals, oil, beer, and hundreds of other products are processed and stored in the tanks and vats made by the Nation’s boilermakers."

Doesn't have to be steam anymore ;)

Personally, I enjoy welding boilers for large coal fire powerplants, but to each his own. Or maybe I went to Purdue, one of the two :D