goin overseas...

Kevin R.

..this might be a bitch post....and i might be a little drunk...but i just found out two of my best friends are going to Iraw and Kuwait on Wednesday and I am flippin shit....by two of my best friends I mean the only two best friends I hang out with all the time....it fuckin' sucks...i just keep thinkin bout if they dont come back....shitty thoughts...

i dont mean any disrespect to people like brian who have actually been there...it just sucks thinkin bout it.....

just a random post...i know this board is ruthless i just wanted to say it....

props to all our US troops..i dont know what to think right now..:(

i know the worst of the worst is over...like i said i dont mean any disrespect to those who have been through it....it just sucks to think about stuff like this....just the two main people i hang out with i wont see for 10 months...

My brother-in-law just got called back again as well. :(

it sucks man...i couldnt even believe if it was a family member...i am not a sentimental dude and i wont get into the politics of it...it is just someone gone....and it sucks...one of my buddies goin over i am pretty much a brother to him..he has no family and i am only thinking of the worst scenario right now....

Where are they going? Most of Iraq is built up like disney land, trust me they have one of the best years of their lives coming up. Kuwait is even better (but hotter weather). Of the hundreds of thousands of troops we've sent over the many rotations we've "only" lost a very small fraction of that. Your friends are coming home.

One is going to Kuwait and one is going to Baghdad...

I have heard it wont be that bad...and even they say it...i guess i am just venting on losing a friend for awhile...

i knew you would chime in and i am glad cuz you have been there..i hope they make some dough and come back safe like you say...i guess i am a "half empty cup" kind of thinker...

it sucks man...i couldnt even believe if it was a family member...i am not a sentimental dude and i wont get into the politics of it...it is just someone gone....and it sucks...one of my buddies goin over i am pretty much a brother to him..he has no family and i am only thinking of the worst scenario right now....

I would believe Brian. Besides, you have to hope for the best otherwise you will tear yourself and your buddies up inside.

I hope the will come home though!

Paul, my brother-in-law, will be stationed at a fort south of Arifjan(sp), where he was for the majority of his last tour, but then moved up to Baghdad after a month or so for the remainder. Im thinking he told me this time he would be over there for 400+ days. I could be wrong though.

I would believe Brian. Besides, you have to hope for the best otherwise you will tear yourself and your buddies up inside.

I hope the will come home though!

Paul, my brother-in-law, will be stationed at a fort south of Arifjan(sp), where he was for the majority of his last tour, but then moved up to Baghdad after a month or so for the remainder. Im thinking he told me this time he would be over there for 400+ days. I could be wrong though.

Ya..it was just i knew one was going...just didnt see the date coming up so soon and i get a random phone call tonight saying theyre leaving just kind of hit me...400+ days is a while man...i wish the best of luck to everyone of them just was kind of venting as i cant really talk to most of my friends here at school bout people leavin as it is all my friends are in the military..

I talked to some infantry stationed in Baghdad and they said it wasn't too bad. I was in Anaconda, the largest base in Iraq. It's built up with roads, and airfield, internet, etc.. it was cake. Everybody from the shit hole fob's would stop by our base first to take planes home on leave.. they were jealous as fuck.

I honestly had it pretty good but yeah I would hear stories from everybody all over the country and only one guy's company had it bad. They had to sleep in a blown up hotel on cots every night, always have people on guard, burn their own shit.. life sucked for them. I remember one guy from Baghdad saying it was alright though, they have internet there so he can email/call home whenever he wants.

Oh and Kuwait will be a paid vacation.

ya...i hear a lot of good and bad...

weren't you scheduled to go back brian? or did you already go back twice? i just recall a post saying you were going back to the desert?

i guess i am trying to assure myself all will be good...these people are the most family i have so it sucks..

My brother was there for 1 year and 7 months the first time. Then he has gone back multiple other times for 1 week,4 weeks, 5 months and one for 7 months. My mom would get a call saying "ill be gone so dont call. Ill call you when I get back, maybe?" He loved it though until the army started dicking with him.

i feel you man. i had 2 really good friends, one of which was the one who died in the evo a couple months ago, and the other one is leaving for the start of his military time on 3/17. then, another one of my good friends is leaving june 3.

I will be going to Kuwait after a month of training at Camp Bollis, but how long I will be in Kuwait remains to be seen. I will be getting the rolling tour of Iraq ;)

Camp Bollis was fun. I trained there for 3 weeks. The snakes, spiders, and scorpions weren't fun however. They have a nice setup there and it is huge.

I was told Saturday that I will be looking at going to either Saudi Arabia or Baghdad after our ORI in September.

I am in Iraq right now sitting in my Room on the Internet. I am at Camp Victory, it is not bad, as long as your friend stays in the Wire he will be alright. I go on around 3 canvoys aday most days, my route is one of the safer ones. But they will be fine man!

Hey man its good sucks they are leaving. I am currently In The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (The Magic Kingdom) I know here its not bad. But I have been to Iraq twice. And all my friends that have been there have came back safe but 2 came home with injuries. But they went during the envasion, its a better place now. But just write them and support them.