Fiance narrowed it down to an Audi A4...what options to looks for?

Nitrousbird

My fiance has FINALLY decided to upgrade cars, after years of talking about it.

Though there is a bunch she liked, she wants something 06-07 w/ under 30k miles, for the high teens, low 20's. 4-door, semi-luxury w/ a sporty flavor. Prefers AWD, might settle with FWD.

Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes don't have anything that can meet those requirements...they just don't depreicate enough the first couple of years. Her two current pics are an 06-07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, or a 06-07 Saab 9-3 Aero. I'm sure she will go with the Audi, so that's why I'm only asking about it.

She likes navigation, but doesn't require it as I can throw in an aftermarket navi head unit. Requires leather, sunroof, heated seats. What other options are really "must haves" with these cars. We will most likely be traveling to get one, as the dealers 200-300 miles away seem to be asking a lot less than the locals.

Any clue how much the extended factory warranty costs (moving it to 6 years/100k miles)? Heard a rumor about factory certified financing deals...any info on that?

Honestly, look into the new Altima... I have the 2.5 SL and it has plenty of "pep" has all of the other requirements that she asked for and can be found new for low 20's loaded. it handles great and looks nice.... definately has a sporty / luxury feel... seriously go test drive one... she might like it... not to mention the 30 mpg I get in the city :)

Personally, the convenience and cold weather package are important to me along with quattro but you have that covered. And APR 93oct stage1 flash. Your get a huge bump in power along with better MPG.

Legacy gt stage 1 map :) FREE to install.

I've got 05/06 right here

Though there is a bunch she liked, she wants something 06-07 w/ under 30k miles, for the high teens, low 20's. 4-door, semi-luxury w/ a sporty flavor. Prefers AWD, might settle with FWD.

Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes don't have anything that can meet those requirements...they just don't depreicate enough the first couple of years. Her two current pics are an 06-07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, or a 06-07 Saab 9-3 Aero. I'm sure she will go with the Audi, so that's why I'm only asking about it.

She likes navigation, but doesn't require it as I can throw in an aftermarket navi head unit. Requires leather, sunroof, heated seats. What other options are really "must haves" with these cars. We will most likely be traveling to get one, as the dealers 200-300 miles away seem to be asking a lot less than the locals.

Any clue how much the extended factory warranty costs (moving it to 6 years/100k miles)? Heard a rumor about factory certified financing deals...any info on that?

I just bought that exact car while you were on vacation FYI

Definately go CPO. They cost a few g's more but the warranty is well worth it. Basically, using mine as an example: 06 w/ 24K Miles. The factory warranty is still in full effect until 50K or 4 years. After which it automatically switches over to cpo which lasts to 100K miles or 6 years from the initial date.

Service is outstanding as well, always a nice new audi/vw waiting for you free of charge with unlimited miles when it needs serviced..even under cpo!

As far as options go, if she likes a sporty ride, go S-Line. 18" wheels lowered, firmer everything, and well worth it. And it includes the "appearance" items as well. Technology package is awesome (Bluetooth ect.). I would have her drive an S-Line first and make sure she likes the added firmness. I love the ride honestly, and wouldn't have it any other way. The factory navigation unit is worth the money as well. And I have the new07 nav disc I can burn you.

;) It includes 2X SD card slots for mp3's and a 6 disc changer. I really have no regrets and have loved every moment thus far. Not to mention the awesome gas mileage. :)

PICS: http://www.columbusht.com/newaudi/

A few things. You wont touch a 2005.5 or 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro CPO for the high teens. If you are lucky, you can find one for under 25k. CPO ads a good 1,500.

Since she needs leather, sunroof, heated seats and thats all the madatory options, it is basically my old B7. The sunroof package has leather and sunroof. Mine was a 2.0T and Quattro with a 6 speed manual. I added the premium package, auto wipers, auto mirrors, power folding mirrors, heated seats etc. Thats it. Those two packages are all she really requires and all you really need on that car.

Xenons are a great option, but not neccessary, Nav adds alot of money to the car, and most with nav will be almost loaded.

S-line is a body kit type thing that makes it look like an S4. Sport suspension, 18" wheels colored stitching on steering wheel and shifter boot. However you can get sport suspension with regular exterior which is only a $250 :eek: option from factory. Same suspension, but no S4 look and comes with standard 17" wheels.

If she doesn't get Quattro, dont buy an audi, there are cheaper cars that provide same things than the Audi, like an Acura TL.

As for the financing, 0.9% for 60 months on all 05/06 A4s and S4s. Ends at end of March. Pretty slick deal, saves a lot of money. My dad is looking into replacing his S4 in April when his lease is up with an A4 because of this deal.

Hope this helps.

As far as options go, if she likes a sporty ride, go S-Line. 18" wheels lowered, firmer everything, and well worth it. And it includes the "appearance" items as well. Technology package is awesome (Bluetooth ect.). I would have her drive an S-Line first and make sure she likes the added firmness. I love the ride honestly, and wouldn't have it any other way. The factory navigation unit is worth the money as well. And I have the new07 nav disc I can burn you.

;) It includes 2X SD card slots for mp3's and a 6 disc changer. I really have no regrets and have loved every moment thus far. Not to mention the awesome gas mileage. :)

PICS: http://www.columbusht.com/newaudi/

Took the words right outta my mouth. Such a quiet ride also. I would look into all the SLine products makes it stand out from the other models

I was recently in the market for a car - my Grand Prix caught fire and burned to the ground. Every dealer I went to - I mean EVERY dealer I went to had a Subaru Legacy they wanted me to buy. Apparently when Subaru introduced the car they put some crazy 2 year lease together,. Now every dealer has a couple to dump. They appear to be pretty nice - might be able to get a good deal,.

I really like the Audi A4 but I would not own an Audi without a solid warranty,. They are expensive to work on.

- Legacy GT: She didn't like it at all. I wasn't all that impressed either.

- Altima. Sorry, it is boring looking. She doesn't want another Nissan anyway, unless it is an Infiniti. We found some good deals on loaded Accord Sedans too, but again, they are lame looking in comparison to the nicer stuff out there.

- She loves the 330xi and G35x...and both are PRICEY in comparison.

I don't think she would want an S-line, as she isn't looking for a sports car, just something sporty.

That .9% is something she would like...I'll see if we can find her one quickly. There was on at Byers Audi she liked from the outside (they were closed), but they were asking 28k for a car I've seen listed by other non-local dealers for 21k...so we will see if they are willing to negotiate.

Shawn, I may be calling you this weekend if we have any questions when we are looking.

- Altima. Sorry, it is boring looking. She doesn't want another Nissan anyway, unless it is an Infiniti. We found some good deals on loaded Accord Sedans too, but again, they are lame looking in comparison to the nicer stuff out there.

I don't think she would want an S-line, as she isn't looking for a sports car, just something sporty.

That .9% is something she would like...I'll see if we can find her one quickly. There was on at Byers Audi she liked from the outside (they were closed), but they were asking 28k for a car I've seen listed by other non-local dealers for 21k...so we will see if they are willing to negotiate.

Shawn, I may be calling you this weekend if we have any questions when we are looking.

Thats cool man, S-Line rocks though. :) Really helps resale value as well. It was hard as hell to find a black/black S-Line 6MT. Let alone with everything.

Is she looking for auto or stick ? Auto's are far easier to come across.

:)

Larry Hobbs is a good guy at Byers to go through. Last 3 Audi's through him. I got my car 3k off what dealer had "marked" on my GTI. The Financing thing is an Audi wide thing so your only limited by how far you want to drive to buy the car. Don Rosen and Riverside Audi are both large Audi dealers withn 500 miles. Just FYI

I think she is sold on the Audi, due to the .9% financing, and the warranty. She has a co-worker that got one, so she has been in the cars before.

She wants an auto. Tomorow I'm going to print out every Audi for a good price in a 300 mile range, and use that as a negotiating tool. We will be checking out Byers Saturday, and maybe some other places.

I don't negotiate nicely with dealers. Simply a "here is the out the door price we are willing to spend...tax, title, financing fee's, your dealer fee's, and whatever other fee you want to charge, doesn't matter...we pay this exact amount." The dealer will know before I make my offer the market is flooded with these cars, what the other dealers are asking, and I have an Avalanche and a car hauler, with a willingness to go out of state to get the right car.

Anything I should check for on these cars? Since it will still have a bumper-to-bumper warranty, mechanical isn't a big deal. Any cosmetic things that are common wear deals on these Audis?

We will be checking out Byers Saturday, and maybe some other places.

Joe, I use Vicki Eilers there (Byers), I have bought 4 WRXs from her, she has always given me a fair deal. Even more so on the STI. She is a VW sales woman but will sell anything to you. On the STI, I bought it at under invoice and I bought it in Aug 04 when they first hit land. I drove up to the Billingsly location and the chic up there said "no way I will take anything less than 5k over sticker on an 05 STI. They just got here." I told her that's her missed commission. Went to Vicki and she knew what to do. My wifes last car was at under invoice and we bought it from her off the internet, we found the vin we wanted, papers were drawn up before we got there and looked at the price that she came up with, and it was more than fair. We test drove it and signed. No haggeling, Worth a shot, can't hurt to ask her.

I think she is sold on the Audi, due to the .9% financing, and the warranty. She has a co-worker that got one, so she has been in the cars before.

She wants an auto. Tomorow I'm going to print out every Audi for a good price in a 300 mile range, and use that as a negotiating tool. We will be checking out Byers Saturday, and maybe some other places.

I don't negotiate nicely with dealers. Simply a "here is the out the door price we are willing to spend...tax, title, financing fee's, your dealer fee's, and whatever other fee you want to charge, doesn't matter...we pay this exact amount." The dealer will know before I make my offer the market is flooded with these cars, what the other dealers are asking, and I have an Avalanche and a car hauler, with a willingness to go out of state to get the right car.

Anything I should check for on these cars? Since it will still have a bumper-to-bumper warranty, mechanical isn't a big deal. Any cosmetic things that are common wear deals on these Audis?

Seat bolsters a very common wear spot. Shift knob discoloration. Headliner stains/discoloration. Check rear seats where the seatbelts tend to rub, seen some pretty worn clotch back there before. Other than that, just hte usual (poorly covered paint chips ect.).

Good Luck!

Seat bolsters a very common wear spot. Shift knob discoloration. Headliner stains/discoloration. Check rear seats where the seatbelts tend to rub, seen some pretty worn clotch back there before. Other than that, just hte usual (poorly covered paint chips ect.).

Good Luck!

Couple questions:

- Any finance charges for the .9% deal (credit is not an issue)

- Any down-payment requirements for it

- Does it have to be a CPO car?

As for CPO cars, let's say a car was never inspected to be a CPO car. Is there a way to get it to that point after purchase?

Couple questions:

- Any finance charges for the .9% deal (credit is not an issue)

- Any down-payment requirements for it

- Does it have to be a CPO car?

As for CPO cars, let's say a car was never inspected to be a CPO car. Is there a way to get it to that point after purchase?

Not generally no. Anything that can or is worth CPO'ing will be done by the dealer. There are no hang-ups or down-payment requirements for the .9% either. Just has to be an 05-08 A4 If If I recall.