Fiance narrowed it down to an Audi A4...what options to looks for?

Nitrousbird

Not generally no. Anything that can or is worth CPO'ing will be done by the dealer. There are no hang-ups or down-payment requirements for the .9% either. Just has to be an 05-08 A4 If If I recall.

CPO has to be done by dealer, and all 05/06 cars have the transferable warranty so you can buy a CPO from private seller. The 0.9% is for 05/06 A4 and S4s only. I don't know if the finance deal is for CPO only, but most all at dealers will be CPO.

CPO has to be done by dealer, and all 05/06 cars have the transferable warranty so you can buy a CPO from private seller. The 0.9% is for 05/06 A4 and S4s only. I don't know if the finance deal is for CPO only, but most all at dealers will be CPO.

Actually 06+ CPO is no longer transferrable.:(

Actually 06+ CPO is no longer transferrable.:(

I knew that they stopped that, I was under the impression it was the 06 model year. It really was an appealing thing to be able to buy a CPO from a private seller.

Wonder if the 05.5 B7 is transferable? Might still be able to get a B7 from private seller that way.

Update

We went looking for an A5 yesterday. NOTHING in Columbus was what she was looking for.

A4 2.0T Quattro Auto w/ black or maybe gray leather = none. Found two with tan interiors, but she doesn't like that interior at all. A bunch of 6-speeds.

I test drove for the hell of it a non-quattro 6-speed. Ehhh, power wise it was acceptable for her. Rode pretty decently, handled well enough for what I was doing with it. A bit of turbo lag, but I've driven worse. Shifter throws were a bit long for my tastes, but that's an easy fix. Nice car overall.

Now we are pretty much stuck driving a decent ways away to find an A4. :(

Interesting comments on the A4. I thought the shifter had good feel, with medium distance travel. Not long by any means, but would be a good candidate for a quality Short Shifter. I didn't do one because mine was a lease and it was good enough for the time being. As for the turbo lag, you might be confusing it with something else maybe? The engine puts out like 85% tq at 1800rpms. Either way, you will like the overall car if you find one for her. Thats what Audi does best, building the best overall car in its class, IMO.

Did you go to byers? They have alot of Auto's there.

Good luck.

We hit Byers, MAG, Toy Barn, Carmax, and I think a couple of others too.

There is NOTHING. 06 w/ black interior, quattro, 2.0T Auto = impossible to find. MAG didn't have a single auto. Byers had one auto 06, but has the tan interior which she hates (and I agree; doesn't look nearly as good, plus usually has the wood trim which neither of us are fond of either).

Since to get the deal it has to be a Audi Certified car, that makes it even harder. As for further out, a lot of those cars that were reasonable deals are long gone...now it's 25k and driving 150+ miles for one. At 20-22k, she was pretty interested...at 25k, that's getting into the ballpark of, to be quite honest, nicer cars. Though these A4's are priced new where an IS250, G35 Sedan, TL, etc. are priced, they aren't as nice. But when there is a significant cost difference, it makes sense. Where it becomes less of a difference, then it doesn't.

We will keep looking, but for now it doesn't look too good. We can get some pretty good (but not as good as before) deals if we drive 450+ miles, but she doesn't seem keen on going that far to get a car that she doesn't "have" to get. Her current car is still perfectly fine and reliable.

As for lag, I'm not confusing it with anything. Freeway, 4th gear, 60MPH. Mash the gas, takes a moment before you feel it kick in. You feel it accelerate slightly from flooring it, but the push back (which obviously isn't much @ 200HP) doesn't happen for a short moment. I've driven turbo cars with far more lag, but I still noticed it. That said, I tend to drive nothing but V8's, and am used to instant power and low-end torque.

We hit Byers, MAG, Toy Barn, Carmax, and I think a couple of others too.

There is NOTHING. 06 w/ black interior, quattro, 2.0T Auto = impossible to find. MAG didn't have a single auto. Byers had one auto 06, but has the tan interior which she hates (and I agree; doesn't look nearly as good, plus usually has the wood trim which neither of us are fond of either).

Since to get the deal it has to be a Audi Certified car, that makes it even harder. As for further out, a lot of those cars that were reasonable deals are long gone...now it's 25k and driving 150+ miles for one. At 20-22k, she was pretty interested...at 25k, that's getting into the ballpark of, to be quite honest, nicer cars. Though these A4's are priced new where an IS250, G35 Sedan, TL, etc. are priced, they aren't as nice. But when there is a significant cost difference, it makes sense. Where it becomes less of a difference, then it doesn't.

We will keep looking, but for now it doesn't look too good. We can get some pretty good (but not as good as before) deals if we drive 450+ miles, but she doesn't seem keen on going that far to get a car that she doesn't "have" to get. Her current car is still perfectly fine and reliable.

As for lag, I'm not confusing it with anything. Freeway, 4th gear, 60MPH. Mash the gas, takes a moment before you feel it kick in. You feel it accelerate slightly from flooring it, but the push back (which obviously isn't much @ 200HP) doesn't happen for a short moment. I've driven turbo cars with far more lag, but I still noticed it. That said, I tend to drive nothing but V8's, and am used to instant power and low-end torque.

You'll have to drive mine with 2 mods...;)

I had GIAC 93 on my B7 and it really woke the car up.

Its obvious you don't hold Audi's in high regard, which is fine.

Good luck with the search, my dad passed on the A4 as well. Time for a change he said. He has had 2 S4s in the past 7 years, stg 2 B5 and a B6. The interior on the B7 is same as B6. He is buying my GTI until he finds a car worth spending more money on.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

She actually bought one. Got it on the 30th from Byers, so she still gets the .9% financing, and is Audi Certified. 06 A4 2.0T Quattro, white on black (she only liked the black interior, which I agree...far nicer looking than the other colors).

More loaded than most of them; only missing the tech package, S-line, Sat, and Nav. Has the cold weather package + heated rear seats (never knew they offered cars in this class w/ heated rears), sunroof, power driver/passenger seats, auto-dimming mirrors, rain sensing wipers, compass, etc.

Once we get her Sentra sold (should be putting it up for sale in the next day or two), we will be buying an RNS-E factory NAV for the car. Since I want to use the Sharkfin GPS if possible, I'll probably do the Bluetooth, Sirius, and iPod wiring at the same time....pretty much doing the tech package minus Xeons.

How hard/expensive is it to add FACTORY Xeons to the car? I'll do aftermarket if need be, but would prefer factory if reasonably possible.

Also, has anyone here swapped their A4 cluster w/ the color DIS cluster? I've read on navplus.us that it is pretty expensive, but integrates into the Bluetooth/Nav system even better than the red monochrome cluster.

So far, she really loves the car. Had a mirror issue they had to replace before she took it, so she spent 2 days in an lower optioned 07. She really appreciates having her more loaded model, and agreed it is worth a little more $$ to have the extra options.

Personally, I like the car, and it is growing on me. The door chime is pretty annoying. I love the quality of the leather on these cars; feels nice yet tough. They tend to vibrate at idle more than I'd like, but that is every one I've been in, so it is an A4 thing for sure. Enough power for her, and I got it up to 115 on the test drive without too much effort.

Sweet deal!

Any annoyance like the door chime or lock honk can be disabled via vag-com tool ($300) Plenty of VW/Audi kids with them around town than do mods for a 6pack.

As for the HIDs it is fairly simple if you can locate the parts cheap. Ideal would be to find a wrecked A4 with them, buying them OEM will cost 1-2k easy. If you get your hands on a set all youll need is a highline module, wire kit/harness and a couple vag-com mods and the rest should be plug and play.

How to:http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/93217.phtml

Please only use OEM parts, no cheap ebay/knockoffs please please please.

UPDATE

She actually bought one. Got it on the 30th from Byers, so she still gets the .9% financing, and is Audi Certified. 06 A4 2.0T Quattro, white on black (she only liked the black interior, which I agree...far nicer looking than the other colors).

More loaded than most of them; only missing the tech package, S-line, Sat, and Nav. Has the cold weather package + heated rear seats (never knew they offered cars in this class w/ heated rears), sunroof, power driver/passenger seats, auto-dimming mirrors, rain sensing wipers, compass, etc.

Once we get her Sentra sold (should be putting it up for sale in the next day or two), we will be buying an RNS-E factory NAV for the car. Since I want to use the Sharkfin GPS if possible, I'll probably do the Bluetooth, Sirius, and iPod wiring at the same time....pretty much doing the tech package minus Xeons.

How hard/expensive is it to add FACTORY Xeons to the car? I'll do aftermarket if need be, but would prefer factory if reasonably possible.

Also, has anyone here swapped their A4 cluster w/ the color DIS cluster? I've read on navplus.us that it is pretty expensive, but integrates into the Bluetooth/Nav system even better than the red monochrome cluster.

So far, she really loves the car. Had a mirror issue they had to replace before she took it, so she spent 2 days in an lower optioned 07. She really appreciates having her more loaded model, and agreed it is worth a little more $$ to have the extra options.

Personally, I like the car, and it is growing on me. The door chime is pretty annoying. I love the quality of the leather on these cars; feels nice yet tough. They tend to vibrate at idle more than I'd like, but that is every one I've been in, so it is an A4 thing for sure. Enough power for her, and I got it up to 115 on the test drive without too much effort.

Joe,

Congrats!

Hit me up some day and I can vag com away the annoying as hell chimes.

As well as allow her to roll her windows up/down with the remote and couple other cool things.

;)

:cool:

http://www.ncoastauto.com well worth the drive, 2 hours to cleveland.

Most are no longer under warranty, and its wholesale, but imagine the things you could fix on the car after saving $3000 and still have saved a lot of money.

Umm, yeah, try reading the rest of the thread first. And 100k warranty > no warranty...true story, especially on a car I'm not looking to do repair work on, as I've got enough projects of my own.

Shawn, I'll have to hit you up in the next week or two. I know she wants to kill that door chime; the window thing would be cool too.