New to boards

Undasighted

Not really that great at introductions but I gotta say something, right?

Recently picked up a 97 Subaru Legacy GT with plans to eventually put an ej25t in it after doing some more research and finding someone nearby to do the swap/wiring, but wound up having the rear main seals blow, bad IAC, Oil Pan gasket, and knock sensor all go at the same time two weeks after buying it. Kind of annoyed but I still love the car and what it could be for me so I'm just throwing another stock ej25 in it and doing basic bolt on stuff while I continue to save up for the swap.

I'm mainly here looking for experienced people to help me work on the LGT and to keep an eye out for any decent deals in the for sale section, as well as for a group of people to ask about the reputations of local shops before I take it in to get the new engine put in. Also looking for an extra car right now for around 1500 bucks that'll still be fun to drive while I'm getting all the issues with the legacy taken care of, so if you have one you're trying to get rid of let me know.

Yeah, that's about it. Hi.

welcome to the Board.

Side note. If your first mod is to do a engine swap you're starting out with the wrong car. :)

lol I know, right?

I ordered a set of borla UEL headers (from what I hear they have a tendency to crack early so I was planning on having the weld points reenforced) high flow cat and bosal muffler, added a few earth grounding wires, ebay short throw shifter, custom sri, MSD coil pack (Neon/eclipse build) and I think I'm gonna lower it relatively soon. My buddy Vinny in cinci is bugging me to lower it, so I figure if he does the work while I sit around for a few hours that's cool with me. Eventually I'm planning on pulling out all the woodgrain garbage plastics and paint those (whose idea was that and where can they be found?). The car still runs so I havent added most of the new stuff yet. Waiting for the new engine before I start really playing with it. Right now I'm mainly turning my laundry room into a storage garage for parts.

I've looked around on NASIOC a bit and will definately be hitting people up for parts on there once I start worrying about boost, but for right now, I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna stick with the basic stuff to give this car a little more balls until the sti engine goes in, which'll be a while.

I also post on sl-i under the same tag, but those boards are pretty much dead. Got a couple ideas from the DIY forums, but that's about it.

Thanks for the welcome guys.