Dyno Tuned LS1 RX7

DTM Brian

I have never been more scared in a car that I was riding in a cab over in Korea. I have ridden with some craziest drivers on this board and they don't hold a candle to that taxi driver. Probably didn't help that my friend offered an extra $20 to get back to base in 5 minutes on a normally 10 minute drive.

I will say most of the Koreans I talked to were very nice people and overall it is a nice country.

Ah. You got to ride in the infamous "bullet taxi." haha. Yeah, I get scared to death when I get to ride in those. Taxi drivers in Korea are pretty crazy in general, and some are just... I don't know how to describe them. I got to ride in one of those couple times and I hope to never catch one again. Extra $20... that'll get any Korean taxi driver to drive like a madman. :D

Rutan, I went with 116+1 because I wanted a high-end oriented power and also wanted to have more overlap to pass emissions. With the car being so light, I get no traction in all of 1st and 2nd, and some of 3rd. Stock sized tires probably aren't helping either. haha. Anyway, so I wanted something high-end oriented to get some more traction down low. Wheels and tires are coming next. Oh, and the rear end is 4.10. I'll be putting in 3.90 rear(from automatic RX-7s) end sometime later.

I have an auto FD with 3.90 and am hoping to swap to 4.10 sometime. Let me know if you want trade.

Awesome! I'm definitely up for the trade. I'll be out of town for a week and anytime after that would be fine for me. I'll PM you once I'm back in town and we can work out the details. :)

Awesome! I'm definitely up for the trade. I'll be out of town for a week and anytime after that would be fine for me. I'll PM you once I'm back in town and we can work out the details. :)

Sounds good. I assume you have the 5 speed companion flange on there. We'll need to swap those too so our driveshafts bolt up correctly.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm moving back to Korea permanently after I'm done with school.

Rolla, it's okay. I understand you're busy :) So you moved your shop to a new location? BTW, this car has a long way to go to be the nicest car I had. The interior shows the age so I'm in the process of replacing every plastic parts... then I gotta get new wheels and tires... upgrade the suspension... exterior mods... etc. etc. It never ends. :p My STi was an engine build away from being done, and I sometimes regret trading it away. But I guess it wasn't a bad decision to trade since I will never get a chance to drive a car like this in Korea.