$100 off Rims and Tires

hot_wire

Mods, I hope this is in the right place.

Discount tire direct (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do) is running a great deal where you get $100 off when you buy 4 rims and 4 tires. Not only that, but there is free shipping at the moment. Anyone looking for an autocross/spring set, this is your place.

They ran this sale once before and I missed my chance to pick up a cheap set of Azenis for the Miata. All I want is a set of tires, but if anyone local is interested in a set of new rims, we may be able to split the discount.

No affiliation.

you better come and buy tires from me

I can get you those azenis also probably cheaper than you can buy them online

No way? That would be awesome. I called two weeks ago and talked to Derek. He quoted me $93 per tire. I'm looking for the Falken Azenis RT615 195/60/14's. The cheapest I can find online is this place at $70 per tire (shipped). Vulcan has them for $59, but then charges $60 shipping.

Let me know if you can hook me up!

I was actually doing some reading on these today. Like to run dedicated summers, but I think these are a bit too much, and don't seem to cope well in the rain...

They sure seem sticky though.

They're not meant for the rain at all. They are definitely a narrow purpose tire - autox and some short street trips. Azenis tend to overheat on long drives and wear out fairly quickly. That's fine for me since the miata is just a weekend toy.

They're not meant for the rain at all. They are definitely a narrow purpose tire - autox and some short street trips. Azenis tend to overheat on long drives and wear out fairly quickly. That's fine for me since the miata is just a weekend toy.

Yeah, that's what I read. I'm having trouble finding a compromise between Pilot PS2's and something reasonable..

:(

No way? That would be awesome. I called two weeks ago and talked to Derek. He quoted me $93 per tire. I'm looking for the Falken Azenis RT615 195/60/14's. The cheapest I can find online is this place at $70 per tire (shipped). Vulcan has them for $59, but then charges $60 shipping.

Let me know if you can hook me up!

i have a new source gimme a call again

Sounds like a good deal but I'm sure Derek can fix you up Ed.

Jones, yeah those Falkens are kind of a niche tire. Try looking at the Bridgestone RE01R, another performance oriented tire but does well in the rain but much pricier than the Azenis though should be on par with the PS2.

Mr Jones, I do not have an internal database of prices in my head, i'm sorry. you have two options, you can call me at work, or you can atleast give me one working day to get to work and look up prices for you.

Sincerely,

Mr Sanchez

Yeah, that's what I read. I'm having trouble finding a compromise between Pilot PS2's and something reasonable..

:(

A few others to consider:

Dunlop just released a new tire called the Direzza Sport Z1. It's been getting really good review.

Toyo also just released Their new R1-R but I"m not sure they have 18' fitment yet.

Then there's always the good old Kumho MX. They're getting a bit old in the technology department and are getting outclassed by some of the newer tires...but for the money it's still a hard performance tire to beat.

MrAutoX already pointed out the Bridgestone RE-01 but they're not going to be much cheaper than a PS2

Yokohama advan AD07 is in the same boat...great but not really any cheaper than the PS2.

Andy

I've been looking at the Kumho MX, problem is they seem to be phasing them out and are getting tough to find. It is one of the best bang for the buck tires though. Andy, are you referring to the Toyo R-888?? I don't know of another new one yet but the R888 is a pure track tire but they are supposed to be replacing theri good street tire this year so that must be what your referring to.

I've been looking at the Kumho MX, problem is they seem to be phasing them out and are getting tough to find. It is one of the best bang for the buck tires though. Andy, are you referring to the Toyo R-888?? I don't know of another new one yet but the R888 is a pure track tire but they are supposed to be replacing theri good street tire this year so that must be what your referring to.

Nope...R1R it's a "street" tire with a 140 treadwear rating supposedly designed as a cheater tire for auto-x classes that require a minimum treadwear rating. I wanted to put these on the 996 as a street tire but they don't make a big enough rear.

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=30251&name=Proxes%20R1R™&category=sport

I'm running R888's on the 996 (as track tires) :)

Mods, I hope this is in the right place.

Discount tire direct (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do) is running a great deal where you get $100 off when you buy 4 rims and 4 tires. Not only that, but there is free shipping at the moment. Anyone looking for an autocross/spring set, this is your place.

They ran this sale once before and I missed my chance to pick up a cheap set of Azenis for the Miata. All I want is a set of tires, but if anyone local is interested in a set of new rims, we may be able to split the discount.

No affiliation.

I would like a set of rims if you want to do that deal still.

Thanks guys, The MX's are looking pretty attractive. They aren't the greatest in the rain, but they seem to more than make up for that on the other end it appears. Pretty reasonably priced too.

They are a great tire especially considering the price, but they are pretty loud. Not enough to prevent me from buying another set but those old folks driving Audis may want to keep that in mind.

I would like a set of rims if you want to do that deal still.

Miller, I'm going to talk to Derek (turborust) first. If he can't beat the online prices, I'll shoot you a pm! Does discount tire list the rims you're interested in in the correct size?