Cat sh!t

Chief8one

I have a pet cat, and when she drops a deuce it smells so bad it could make Jesus cry. It is fed exactly what my other cat eats, and his deuce doesn't smell like a gangbanged asshole.

anyone have any suggestions besides giving it to the china buffet?

not the best thread by far, but it stinks (this thread included).

I have a pet cat, and when she drops a deuce it smells so bad it could make Jesus cry. It is fed exactly what my other cat eats, and his deuce doesn't smell like a gangbanged asshole.

anyone have any suggestions besides giving it to the china buffet?

not the best thread by far, but it stinks (this thread included).

Brands of food are a BIG problem for this. STick to a Higher protien diet (Innova Evo excellent choice)

Solves a LOT of smell problems and is good for the cat too...

Think of it like this, when you eat fatty greasy food, what does it do to YOUR intestines.. same goes fora kitty.

My cat has the same problem. I have tried to feed him every brand possible. Nothing helps. I even tried hippy cat food from trader joes. He has a nice side hernia that I can not afford to get removed. Maybe that is why it stinks.

My cat has the same problem. I have tried to feed him every brand possible. Nothing helps. I even tried hippy cat food from trader joes. He has a nice side hernia that I can not afford to get removed. Maybe that is why it stinks.

What types of food, specificly?

Hippie food from trader joes is not very specific.

Put you litterbox in a bathroom that is not used much, and has a vent fan installed.

Leave the fan on all the time, really helps keep the feline aroma to a minumum.

good advice too. when my roommate moved in, we had to put the boxes in our laundry room (off the kitchen)...thankfully, he got his own place recently and we moved them back into the spare bathroom, leave the fan on, and put a door stop to keep it open just enough for them to get in and out.

Are you fucking kidding me. Dogs are far more likely to smell up an entire house than a cat. Get both wet and tell me which one stinks.

If you were using the term "stink" euphemistically, You stink too!

Yes I was bring mostly sarcastic. Cats are generally clean pets and can be hilarious(the caturday threads say it all), but cats are also mean and vengeful little bastards. Also I have a severe allergy to cats.

Yes I was bring mostly sarcastic. Cats are generally clean pets and can be hilarious(the caturday threads say it all), but cats are also mean and vengeful little bastards. Also I have a severe allergy to cats.

That's why they're so damn fun to have around...a couple minutes ago, I got a great illustration of exactly those qualities...Gypsy came rumbling down the hall jumped on the couch, bit Rover on the ass and took off. Next thing you know, they're both on the top shelf of our cat tree, chunks of fur fling everywhere. One of them pushed the other off(not sure which, they're both jet black) and then chased them down the couch and across my keyboard, before disappearing down the stairs with the sound of the shoes left at the top cascading after them...

I'm still spitting out cat hair that was left floating around...

BTW, if you feed them on wet food, stop and go to dry. Wet food should only be given as an occasional treat. Most wet foods are just too rich for daily feeding.

BTW, if you feed them on wet food, stop and go to dry. Wet food should only be given as an occasional treat. Most wet foods are just too rich for daily feeding.

That is the most incorrect statement about cats, i have read in a long time.

Wet food is actually better for them, IF ITS A GOOD FOOD(typicly though if the same brand is made in a dry food of the EQUAL quanitys its ok).

SUGARS are really bad for cats. Yet most grocery store brands have tons of it.

(iams, purina, value foods...)

We have a cat whom we adopted as a kitten and found out she has diabetes. We have been able to control it with HIGH PROTIEN food (innova evo) and the doctor has approved this diet. It works so well that we were even able to take her off the insulin.

Choosing a good cat food.

Just as higher quality "people food" is better for your own health, higher quality pet food will be better for your cat's health. The healthy cat food you choose should be appropriate for your cat or kitten's current health status, physical condition, activity level, and life stage. And of course, your cat should like the taste!

The ASPCA recommends a "complete, high-quality food made by a reputable manufacturer, approved in feeding trials by the American Association of Feed Control Officers (AAFCO)." Just as you read the labels for your own food, you should also read the label of anything you feed your cat.

What to Look for On the Label

1. The words "complete and balanced" should be on the label. Government agencies regulate what can be put on pet food labels, so food with these words should be healthier for your cat.

2. Depending on your cat's life stage, the words "kitten," "adult," "senior" or "all life stages" should be on the label. Make sure the cat food you buy is the right one for the age and life stage of your cat.

3. An AAFCO statement. This shows that the food has passed rigorous feeding tests.

4. The first ingredient listed on the label should be an animal protein, such as chicken, fish, liver, or beef. If the first item listed is not an animal protein, move on.

5. The "dry weight protein" listed should be at least 26% for your healthy adult cat. Kittens need even more protein and a premium cat food brand that says it's specifically for kittens should have a higher level of protein.

6. A reputable manufacturer. Avoid generic brands, store brands, and low-priced discount brands. Saving money in the short run can cost you lots more in veterinary bills later.

7. Contact information for the manufacturer. This way, if you want to, you can learn more about the company, its quality control, feeding trials, and ingredients.

Changing Your Cat's Food

If you plan to change the food your are serving your cat, it's usually best for your cat's health to change food gradually.

Gradually changing your cat's food will make it easier on your cat's digestive system and will allow her to get accustomed to the new taste.

Dry Food or Wet Food--Which is Best?

Cat food comes in both dry (kibble) and wet food. If you buy a premium food, both should be nutritionally equal. The decision about whether to serve your cat dry or wet food should depend on your cat's preference and your schedule.

Although it's always important to have fresh water available for your cat, this is even more important if your cat eats dry food.

Be sure to always use a clean bowl for your cat's food and water.

Your cat does not need milk.

How Much Food to Serve Your Healthy Cat

The cat food label will tell you the general guidelines of how much food you should serve your cat. These guidelines are based on an average healthy cat (is any cat really ever average?!).

Your cat is an individual and may need more or less than what the guidelines say, but the guidelines are a good starting point and you shouldn't move too far from them unless your veterinarian recommends otherwise.

Treats for Your Cat

Cats love treats and there is no reason a healthy cat should not be given treats. However, it's best to give them to your cat sparingly and one at a time. Treats should not make up more than 10% of your cat's daily food intake. For your cat's good health, be sure to give your cat healthy cat treats and not "junk food." And never give your cat "people food" treats.

What types of food, specificly?

Hippie food from trader joes is not very specific.

I have tried every brand that Pet Smart carries. I can't remember at trader joes since I don't shop there often. Whatever trader joes carries I have tried.

Nothing works. He needs that lump removed and that might help it. I am guessing it clogs up some of his waste. Then it sits there until he has another bowel movement. When he farts it is worse then my farts!

I have tried every brand that Pet Smart carries. I can't remember at trader joes since I don't shop there often. Whatever trader joes carries I have tried.

Nothing works. He needs that lump removed and that might help it. I am guessing it clogs up some of his waste. Then it sits there until he has another bowel movement. When he farts it is worse then my farts!

I seriously recommend Innova Evo . Petsmart does NOT carry it. Smaller stores like Pet People on Riverside/Cemetary carries it.. and a few other places.. it is more expensive but its a higher quality food and the cats will eat LESS of it because it has more of what the cats need. Also way easier for the digestive system.

We buy the big bag which is 27.99, for three cats and it lasts a little over a month with free range feeding.

I seriously recommend Innova Evo . Petsmart does NOT carry it. Smaller stores like Pet People on Riverside/Cemetary carries it.. and a few other places.. it is more expensive but its a higher quality food and the cats will eat LESS of it because it has more of what the cats need. Also way easier for the digestive system.

We buy the big bag which is 27.99, for three cats and it lasts a little over a month with free range feeding.

How many pounds is in a $30 bag?