Honda to stop producing motorcycles in Marysville next year

ODoyle

So i was out to dinner with my wife and her family and her father works at honda in marysville and we were talking about the motorcycles and stuff and i was informed that they are only going to make them in japan after this year due to costs of running the plant being to high:(

anyone else hear any thing

So i was out to dinner with my wife and her family and her father works at honda in marysville and we were talking about the motorcycles and stuff and i was informed that they are only going to make them in japan after this year due to costs of running the plant being to high:(

anyone else hear any thing

Yup it's true. The good thing is they are filtering the 350-400 employees into other Honda plants. I guess they will stop having Honda Homecoming there??

The good bikes are already made in Japan ;)

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=honda+marysville+motorcycle&btnG=Search+News

Yup it's true. The good thing is they are filtering the 350-400 employees into other Honda plants. I guess they will stop having Honda Homecoming there??

The good bikes are already made in Japan ;)

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=honda+marysville+motorcycle&btnG=Search+News

its not that good of news.. those 350 - 400 people that will be filling up the other plants, will be kicking some people on day shift back to night, and making it harder for some 2nd shift people to get on days.

also this is going to make it harder for temps, and anyone else who would like to get a full time gig there to get a job.

but that motorcycle plant will be operational again...

it may be either a engine plant, or other small parts for in house vehicles... and i also heard they are going to revamp it, and reopen the motorcycle plant under a new name *i.e. not honda of america.. but something different so they arent associated with the other honda plants in ohio, but still be honda* and instead of the $26 an hour pay it will be $18.00 like the top out pay in the new honda car plant in indiana.

i understand though motorcycles are seasonal they dont sell lieka car does, and paying that kind of money an hour is alot to try to make a profit on.

especially when other manufactures ( harley) pay $18.00 an hour

its not that good of news.. those 350 - 400 people that will be filling up the other plants, will be kicking some people on day shift back to night, and making it harder for some 2nd shift people to get on days.

also this is going to make it harder for temps, and anyone else who would like to get a full time gig there to get a job.

but that motorcycle plant will be operational again...

it may be either a engine plant, or other small parts for in house vehicles... and i also heard they are going to revamp it, and reopen the motorcycle plant under a new name *i.e. not honda of america.. but something different so they arent associated with the other honda plants in ohio, but still be honda* and instead of the $26 an hour pay it will be $18.00 like the top out pay in the new honda car plant in indiana.

i understand though motorcycles are seasonal they dont sell lieka car does, and paying that kind of money an hour is alot to try to make a profit on.

especially when other manufactures ( harley) pay $18.00 an hour

I meant it is good compared to the other option which would leave those families hungry. Temps are going to have a hard time getting hired on full time whether this plant closes or not. It sucks for those trying to get a job there, but smart for honda and its associates. The part I don't agree with is leading the temps on like they do. Two years then interview blah blah yeah right.

I meant it is good compared to the other option which would leave those families hungry. Temps are going to have a hard time getting hired on full time whether this plant closes or not. It sucks for those trying to get a job there, but smart for honda and its associates. The part I don't agree with is leading the temps on like they do. Two years then interview blah blah yeah right.

totally agree. i have been temping there for 2 years and 2 months.

my close friend got hired after 3 years.

hopefully same outcome for myself.

but the whole temp program they run is shady, but pay is still not bad, and the work is simple.

BUT i am working beside people making almost twice as much as me, they get benefits, and profit sharing

but that place is so hard to get on. Temping is the best thing to do if your wanting to get hired.

well.. it gives you slightly better chances at least lol. and you can make some decent money while your at it.

im in pretty good with alot of higher ups there. even the plant manager, but it doesnt amount to shit to help you get hired. its BS

totally agree. i have been temping there for 2 years and 2 months.

my close friend got hired after 3 years.

hopefully same outcome for myself.

but the whole temp program they run is shady, but pay is still not bad, and the work is simple.

BUT i am working beside people making almost twice as much as me, they get benefits, and profit sharing

but that place is so hard to get on. Temping is the best thing to do if your wanting to get hired.

well.. it gives you slightly better chances at least lol. and you can make some decent money while your at it.

im in pretty good with alot of higher ups there. even the plant manager, but it doesnt amount to shit to help you get hired. its BS

It took my friend 5 years to get on, but he finally did. I worked out there when I was 20 and they where trying to hire me on within 2 weeks because of my mom, I ended up walking out because of people treating me different just because they found out who my mom was out there. I worked there with people that really deserved to be hired on full time, some poor old lady had been there for 6 years I think, with no interview or anything , never missed a day or anything.

Yea I work at ELP 1st shift temp. decent money and like Hoblick said SIMPLE work. I learned my whole area within the first week I was on the line for 3 out of the 4 quarters of the day. I personally want to go back to school and say fuck that plant. The best thing about the job is the people I work with.

I still can't believe that they took 10 minutes out of production to tell us the plant was closing. It has been a reality for over 3yrs. More evident in the last year and a half. When they pulled ATV out of the plant to NC. Then they dropped production on the VTX models before eliminating them. Now untill spring of 09 the GL1500 (gold wing) will be the only thing produced. 1 shift production.

it sucks for me since the goldwing, and the vtx's are built there and trucked to us almost completely built...with operations moving over sea's they will be coming in with most of the parts in seperate boxes//shipping costs ftw

• 2 weeks later...