[GUN CREW] Noveske SBR on auto

Scotty2Hotty

pretty much all i want is a nice assualt rifle with a grip, good sights, and possibly a flash hider.

Fin Feather Fur sells a few rifles but i am unsure of make/model

You can get a DPMS, or a bushmaster for relatively cheap. Hell a used AR you may spend $700ish. With most things you do get what you pay for.

totally understand that, thats why i want to do it right the first time

Buy a S&W M&P15, you get a $100 rebate right now. Hell I honestly only spent $1,069 for mine, and honestly after taking it down a few times, there was detail put into making the rifle. If you want a cheaper alternative, the Ruger Mini 14 might be up your alley. You can pick one up in 7.62X39mm (AK47 round) or .223/5.56mm for around the $700 range and cheaper.

Matt (Rangerturbo) forwarded this link to me yesterday while chatting about ARs. Seems like a half decent price to me, but I don't follow the AR world closely....yet.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=33&

I came here to post this.

CMMG's bargain bin rifles are fantastic from what I've heard (for the money). They (CMMG) claim minor cosmetic flaws, but most people say theirs are vitually blemish-free.

And $570 for an entry level AR? Hell yeah.

I think I'm gonna pick one up for my first AR, while I build up an SBR for my first build. Something I don't really care if I beat up, or a loaner to friends if we go shooting.

:cool:

Austin is right, the bargain bin rifles are virtually blemish free. i browse ar15.com a lot and i haven't heard anything negative about them.

i think i paid about 850 for my bushmaster a couple years ago. i kind of wish i would have built my first one, but i didn't know a lot about them at the time. if i had to do it all over again, i would have definitely took my time and went the other route.

tons of time spent reading and trial and error...i probably have $1500 between my rifle and 24 magazines and some off the wall sightron scope i bought.