the smart car

Guest Melanie

Guest Melanie
Damn you Rick Rowll. I hate that shit.

Wow I just went through every dialog box that pops up. It's all the lyrics to the entire song

was he singing about poopy loofahs?

Guest Melanie
was it blue? and what do you mean replace the panels? i was talking to brian one day about if cars could just have the color in the plastic of the car (to prevent fading and chipping and stuff). sounds like thats what you are talking about. is it?

Saw one a short time ago around here somewhere... think it was in Powell.

From Wiki:

"Smart cars have been modified by BRABUS of Germany, also to house motors from powerful Japanese sport motorcycles, such as the Suzuki Hayabusa 1352 cc inline four-cylinder (Smartuki being a notable example). These cars are known as "Diablos" ("Devils" in English). The most powerful models can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 100 km/h) in less than 3.5 seconds.["

Someone do it.

Ugh. I sat in a loaded Smart Rag-Top @ the Columbus Auto Show on Sunday.

@ 6'3", I didn't find it roomy. For 17k, I found it to be a cheap POS. Most economy cars have nicer interiors for less money.

It looked retarded, heard a lot of negative comments while around it, and I wouldn't drive it regardless of how much I could save on gas.

They drive pretty ruff too. It has one of those automatic/manual transmissions in it that shifts pretty sloppy. And at 76hp? they are pretty damn slow. Only get 33 mpg city 44 highway (and your only supposed to use 93 in them) smog index on the window say they pollute more than the average car. For optioned out at 18k they are really not worth it. But they do have a diesel one coming out in a couple of years that should get a lot more MPG.

my dad has one. very cool. very well engineered, but it is a benz so they do that anyway.

and its rather roomy. and the seats are comfy.

overall, 2 thumbs up.

1. "Very Cool." There is nothing cool about those cars. The rag-top version is SLIGHTLY better, but it is still an ugly box with a cheap-o interior.

2. "But it is a Benz." Just because Mercedes Benz purchased the company doesn't make it a Benz. I've been in enough Benz's to know that isn't one of them.

3. "It's rather roomy." You and I have VERY different opinions on rather roomy. If you want a small car that would meet that criteria, hop into a CRX. Tons of leg room, with plenty of hatch storage. This not-so-smart car doesn't qualify.

Yes too they are the same thing as a benz, when you hit the lock button on them they have the same beeper that tells you they locked. Seriously though, benz may own them but they have nothing in common (other than the above mentioned similarity.) Plus the seats are not comfortable, and they don't come with floor mats.

Guest 614Streets

Whats not cool about getting good MPG? I like the idea of these cars alot. Boo to the new camaro and all this shit car manufacturers are putting out. Pure shit, ideas like this are great.

Sick.