Tesla Roadster

99FLHRCI

Tesla in the rain > Atom.

The Tesla is my pick. I would love to buy one, if it were more affordable.

I disagree 500 hp 10,000 rpm atom >* actually

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/news/Power_to_the_People_Ariel_Announced_500-horsepower_V8_Atom.shtml

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/28/a-bomb-ariel-atom-to-receive-500hp-supercharged-v8/

atom > tesla roadster.

/thread.

:confused:

What does a k20 have to do with an all electric car? That is like saying Civic>Tesla. The whole point of the Tesla is it is not a hybrid, it is all electric. Yet, at the same time it can still perform. Not to mention you can drive it to the store, get groceries and not only have a car still in the parking lot but a place to put them on the ride home. Personally, I can't wait to see the 2010 sedan that they are predicting at $50k-$70k. They also plan to have a $30k version available in 2012. 0-60mph in 4 seconds and it's average operating cost is $0.01 per mile.

What does a k20 have to do with an all electric car? That is like saying Civic>Tesla. The whole point of the Tesla is it is not a hybrid, it is all electric. Yet, at the same time it can still perform. Not to mention you can drive it to the store, get groceries and not only have a car still in the parking lot but a place to put them on the ride home. Personally, I can't wait to see the 2010 sedan that they are predicting at $50k-$70k. They also plan to have a $30k version available in 2012. 0-60mph in 4 seconds and it's average operating cost is $0.01 per mile.

Why does a noob not search before he posts?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46616&highlight=Tesla+Roadster

There you are SpaceGhost I was wondering when you were going to come crap on my post. Don't know what I did to piss you off but it seems to be a trend with you and my threads.

Atom of usa does not use the K20. they are currently using the ecotec.

with what a effective driving range of 120 miles.

no thanks. Don't get me wrong the Idea of a electric car is great idea but until the can produce one that can go 300+ miles on a single charge its pointless IMO.

no thanks. Don't get me wrong the Idea of a electric car is great idea but until the can produce one that can go 300+ miles on a single charge its pointless IMO.

I believe the Tesla is rated at 220 miles per charge. That is more than enough for most driving people do. It's not a track day special, so a comparison to a 500HP Atom is not really fair (or logical). It's all about efficiency, being fun to drive, and looking good doing it. It's about changing peoples stereotypes about electric cars being glorified golf carts.

Yes, I would drive it in the rain. I would drive it everywhere I could because filling my tank for $50-100 per week just to get to work (and sit in traffic) is pointless.

The Tesla is awesome.

Fine change my previous statment to ANY GAS ENGINE vehicle, hybrid, ecotec, k20, or a good old american V8 I don't care the concept of a well performing electric car and what it may inspire other companies to do is very interesting.

In all honesty how often do you travel 300+ miles in one day. I know there are some people that do it but not many. It takes 3.5hrs to charge it from totally dead. I plug my cell phone in every night or every other night, I would be more then willing to do the same with my car if it meant I didn't have to pay for gas and support oil companies/kill my wallet.

I thought they only used the Ecotec in the US, but used the K20 in Europe.

So, if gas prices continue to rise, you'll turn around and buy a $100,000 car...

When the first horseless carriages came out they were extremely expensive, especially when you already had a horse. With the Tesla you are paying for the vehicle, and A LOT of R&D that went into low volume production. In the future, manufacturing, material, etc. will be more more geared for this type of vehicle and the cost structure will be different. Prices will come down, but the first one's will be more expensive.

Ariel Atom US

Initial Engine Options and Estimated Prices

Est. MSRP w/ minimal options All prices are not final nor are HP numbers.

GM Engines HP figures will likely increase by at least 5-10%

Brammo Ecotec 2.2 $35,000 145 HP/ 155 Ft./lbs.

Brammo Ecotec 2.4 $38,000 171 HP/ 163 Ft./lbs.

Brammo Ecotec 2.0 Supercharged $40,000 171 HP/ 163 Ft./lbs.

Honda K20 (k20z3 Not advertised however likely) $40,250 USDM K20z3 200-225HP

Honda K20 Supercharged $45,750 (K20z3) 290-300HP

The Atom 3 has the option of a Ecotec or a K20.

I agree and don't forget to add, that it needs to be able to recharge the full battery in less than 10 minutes. I know I don't take that long of trips everyday, but when I am on vacation I do. If everyone switches to these, you will have to have a regular fuel vehicle if you plan on driving out of state. I don't want to set at a recharge station for 3.5 hours while my car recharges and I can continue my vacation/trip.

I agree and don't forget to add, that it needs to be able to recharge the full battery in less than 10 minutes. I know I don't take that long of trips everyday, but when I am on vacation I do. If everyone switches to these, you will have to have a regular fuel vehicle if you plan on driving out of state. I don't want to set at a recharge station for 3.5 hours while my car recharges and I can continue my vacation/trip.

I agree that it is not the best option for long distance traveling. As a DD though this would be a great car. In California there are TONS of extra reasons to have it. Everything from checks form local governments, use of HOV lanes with single occupants, free parking at meters, ZEV (zero emission vehicle) parking only spots that include recharging staions, etc. If it catches on I wouldn't be surprised to see these spread.

True, and that's the thought behind the Chevy Volt. For me, I have 2 cars already, and if I'm going on a long trip I'm not going to fit all my stuff in a Tesla (or a Sky), so things wouldn't change much except not having to buy as much gas.

00TypeR - Those perks only exist because they need it to catch on. If everyone switched those benefits would be gone in a second.

dude, thats an awesome car. 255 hp, aroundabouts, and a 13k redline? and it looks good? yeah, i would definately rock it. i very much agree with the need for a quick recharge time, however. actually, its a VERY good lookin car.