Tesla Roadster

99FLHRCI

Yeah 300 miles isn't far enough when requiring a 3.5 hour recharge time. I drive 100-250 miles per day so I would be right around the max in my daily driver. I'm sure the efficiency will increase as there are more companies competing. When one is built that can go for about a 15 hour trip at 70mph, can recharge in at least half that time, and is reliable up and over 150,000 miles with some regular maint then I'll be the first in line to buy one.

I'd really like to see one capable of over 200,000 or even into the 300,000 mile quality like my `94 corolla:-)

Evan

Yeah 300 miles isn't far enough when requiring a 3.5 hour recharge time. I drive 100-250 miles per day so I would be right around the max in my daily driver. I'm sure the efficiency will increase as there are more companies competing. When one is built that can go for about a 15 hour trip at 70mph, can recharge in at least half that time, and is reliable up and over 150,000 miles with some regular maint then I'll be the first in line to buy one.

I'd really like to see one capable of over 200,000 or even into the 300,000 mile quality like my `94 corolla:-)

Evan

Electric cars are extremely reliable. There is very little maintence required. The biggest worry is the battery life, but they're warrenting them for 100,000 miles.

I would definitely drive one every day. They're not exactly an Eilse. In fact they are quite different in nearly every aspect. Although the driver compartment is similar, along with the seats, but the side rails have been moved for easier ingress/egress.

Why wouldn't you drive one in the rain? (or was that sarcasm)