Any known problems with a 2000 lincoln mk

lawnman

hahaha, hilarious. Whats wrong with what I said? Those are all facts. Tell me what is wrong with it besides opinion.

dex-cool is not the problem. if you would think for a second, hmmm....plastic gaskets.....hot and cold and hot and cold. what does that do to plastics? makes them brittle.

hahaha, hilarious. Whats wrong with what I said? Those are all facts. Tell me what is wrong with it besides opinion.

Honestly, I'm not even going to go through it. You need to get a little more time under your belt I guess. I'll never buy another Ford unless it is an 03-04 Cobra. I've worked on too many POS Fords. Most of them with front end problems (a lot on trucks) fella.

dex-cool is not the problem. if you would think for a second, hmmm....plastic gaskets.....hot and cold and hot and cold. what does that do to plastics? makes them brittle.

Completely agree with that. But, the chemicals in dex-col break that down alot faster than any coolant, which causes the early gasket failure.

Honestly, I'm not even going to go through it. You need to get a little more time under your belt I guess. I'll never buy another Ford unless it is an 03-04 Cobra. I've worked on too many POS Fords. Most of them with front end problems (a lot on trucks) fella.

QFT!

side note, what cars do you see with dex-cool that has "caused" a problem. chances are thats its a 5 year old car or has over 100k on it. now green coolant is a TWO year antifreeze as it will collect more electrolytes and cause electrolysis. i have 5 cars here right now that range from from 7 years old with 75k to 6 years old with 130k and all of them have had no problems with dex-cool because it was changed at about 120k on the one and 73k on the other. no leaks on any of them

I trying to bring in as much knowledge as possible. From what I know is what I keep seeing over an over with the same vehciles from different manufact. that I have talked about.

I trying to bring in as much knowledge as possible. From what I know is what I keep seeing over an over with the same vehciles from different manufact. that I have talked about.

then maybe you shouldn't argue with people that have more hands on than you.

Take some time and learn. Listen to the older techs and absorb everything.

wrong

Ok. The intake gasket on my GF's bravada completely blew apart and two intake ports where completely clogged with dex-col residue. I have seen this time and time again. I dont even care anymore, its late and im highly pissed at my Fing gf for ramming her truck into my quad and bending my shock. So you win, when is the parade?

Ok. The intake gasket on my GF's bravada completely blew apart and two intake ports where completely clogged with dex-col residue. I have seen this time and time again. I dont even care anymore, its late and im highly pissed at my Fing gf for ramming her truck into my quad and bending my shock. So you win, when is the parade?

Tomorrow, you're not invited.

I bet all preventative maintenance was done on her car at the correct intervals also.

Take some time and learn. Listen to the older techs and absorb everything.

I try as much as possible. I went to 2 years of auto tech school, but dicked around to much and regret not taking advantage of it. Now I am going to school for motorcycle repair and just finished electrical class. I work at NTB part-time and the techs there are some of the best I have seen, besides a few at bobby layman also. I try and get info from them but it dont always work out so well.

i have seen the same thing with green coolant. my mom had a 96' lumina with a 3100 in it and dad changed the coolant to green not long after we bought it since the place he got the oil changes at then topped off the over flow with green. well since green and orange don't mix he got rid of it all, flushed it out and filled it back with green. low and behold the intake gaskets took a shit about 88k and it was the same as it would have been with dex-cool.

Tomorrow, you're not invited.

I bet all preventative maintenance was done on her car at the correct intervals also.

lol, I dont know about the maintenance, just picked it up not to long ago. A rich couple in gahanna had it. 98 bravada, 97k miles, for $3k. Thought it was a good deal untill I realized the gasket was about to blow, fuel pump went out and need idler and sway bar links which those two really arent a big deal, just inconvenient.