Anyone Work at DSCC

OneRunnin72SST

Defense Supply Center Columbus? I have been looking at employment opportunities with some of the government agencies located there. I wanted to see if anyone on here worked at DSCC or more specifically for the Defense Logistics Agency. If you do tell me the good, bad, and ugly about working there. Thanks for the input

-Erik

I work at DFAS which does the accounting for the larger defense agencies including DLA. DLA has 3 major supply centers, Columbus, Philly, and Richmond. the benefits are great, flextime is amazing, bldg 20 (DLA) has a great cafeteria.

the bads... bad attitude by older employees that just want to retire. they think what they do is pointless, and have an overall bad attitude. everything in the govt sector is slow. decision making isnt delegatedto lower levels. dont expect to become a 13,14, or 15 because truly there arent too many out there.

the base has great benefits and i really enjoy it.... my lifelong career? i dunno yet

I'm applying for GS-12 IT position at DLA today.

Disabled Vets preference FTW :)

the best thing about veteran preference is your RIF (reduction in force... or lay offs) status. basically if you complete your 3 year probationary period you will never be let go.

and to the orig. poster.... be sure you get into a 7/9/11 position if you have a degree but not the experience to be an 11 immediately

I am actually looking at the DLA Corporate Intern Program. It is a two program that starts you at a GS 7 and moves you to a GS 11 when complete. I am going to have my B.S. in May and also in May I am starting on my MBA. I would hope that continuing my education, MBA and beyond, would put me in a position to obtain a 13, 14, or 15 position.

I have made up my mind (I think) I want to work for myself or the Government. I don't want to work for a corporation for 10-15 years have a family and obligations then get the shaft.

I am in the National Guard and familar with negative attitudes of those ready to retire and the slow decision process.

Good luck with the Job Anthony.

-Erik

I am actually looking at the DLA Corporate Intern Program. It is a two program that starts you at a GS 7 and moves you to a GS 11 when complete. I am going to have my B.S. in May and also in May I am starting on my MBA. I would hope that continuing my education, MBA and beyond, would put me in a position to obtain a 13, 14, or 15 position.

-Erik

while getting your 13 14 or 15 would be great..... directors with over 150-300 employees are 14s.... and your intern program will take you 7 your first year, 9 your second, and you would be an 11 upon completion. from there you have to go grade to grade and perform for a year in that grade.... so to become a 13 you would first have to get your 12 (not easy) be a 12 for at least one year, then find an open 13 position and apply.

many of the higher ups have nothing more than a bachelors