Thoughts and comments on 2000 acura integra gs-r as a DD

Rustlestiltskin

well I might have come accross a car that I might consider a daily driver.

Its an 2000 acura integra gs-r. It seems like a pretty good car that will save me alot at the pump but one concern is that it has 108,000 miles on it. what kind of price would these go for with that kind of mileage but the car is in good overall condition. Also, are these cars pretty nice and reliable? What should I check or worry about with this car at that high of mileage? Hope you guys can help me out.

thanks,

Paul

Its a honda so its realible init self

Message a guy on here craig his sign on should be sinisterSS or sometyghing like that he works for an acura dealer on the east side an is a tech there he would be able to help a lot

But it'll be a fun peppy car as a dd

I work at an acura dealership wit craig and I love driving integras especially if it was a gsr or if i get lucky a type r. From my personal experience I've seen these cars go on forever if you take car of them. If I was in the position to get another car I would be looking into getting a Integra.

well I might have come accross a car that I might consider a daily driver.

Its an 2000 acura integra gs-r. It seems like a pretty good car that will save me alot at the pump but one concern is that it has 108,000 miles on it. what kind of price would these go for with that kind of mileage but the car is in good overall condition. Also, are these cars pretty nice and reliable? What should I check or worry about with this car at that high of mileage? Hope you guys can help me out.

thanks,

Paul

Excellent

$6,565

Good

$6,010

Fair

$5,265

According to kbb.com. I would say if it is in good condition and in that price range it would be a good option. Do the timing belt and w/p asap. (As said above.) Then I would start doing things to it that will give you slight power but more mpg increases. Underdrive pulleys, intake manifold, Hondata, intake, exhaust. I LOVE my Type R. It should run mid-14's according to all the review magazines. I am still able to get 30mpg driving it like I stole it. It is a great comprimise for someone like myself that can't afford a reliable dd and a fast toy.

A step up from a civic, integra's make great DDs in my opinion. Generally they are very reliable, I wouldnt worry about that mileage at all. The hatch has a lot of useable space. The GS-R model is always high on the theft charts, so pull the badge and cover your VIN. Keep in mind while it may get decent gas mileage it does require premium fuel.

I had a 96' with 180,000mi that got great mileage and was extremely reliable. The car would have ran forever with proper maintenance.

A little boost goes a long way with VTEC yo! I trapped 118mph on low boost and at the stock curb weight on my most current setup. You could easily get to 280 reliable whp with just a basic turbo kit, and wouldn't have to touch the internals. Just do the timing belt and water pump and enjoy.