Trailblazer SS Folks Chime In

TTQ B4U

Being fed up about my Pontiac already, I decided to make a few calls and have a deal on a nice ride....not my first choice as I've had one before but the money is too good not to consider....$38k truck for about what I'm paying on my GXP.

2008 Trailblazer SS AWD Loaded up to the gills. Silver on Black.

What are the various mods that other owners have done and what kinds of times are these things putting down?

My searching and message board activity is limited here at the office so surfing all day is not an option. Besides, I'd rather have information from folks here first :D

LS2 Tunes, cams, etc.....what are your thoughts?

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/94776808.jpg

I can tell you anything you want to know. IPS has the credits to tune a TBSS and has the awd dyno. IPS is making me a intake for it as we speak and more then likely be marketing them off as soon as they test fit everything off of my truck. I dont want to speak for them but call down there and talk to them.(614-444-5884) They can get you any lsx part. The only weak link is the trans in them, but since you are getting an 08 they come with better trans parts. Toss a cooler on the trans and a convertor and they will be as strong as they will ever be just short of rebuilding it. If you need a step by step picture diagram on how to lower them, I made one on the TBSS forum. All in all they are just another lsx based vehicle with alittle more room then a f-body or vette and weigh just alittle more. But still can go very fast. The record for 2wd one is 10.21 right now and with an awd one I dunno, I plan on hopefully getting mine somewhere near the low 11 high 10 once all done with all the comforts they came with from factory. I love the one I got everytime I drive it. It picks up and moves out for a 4500# truck. I will find out after this month on how it does cause I plan on doin everything I will ever do to it this month. Cr track day we will find out a time and number it runs with these mods that I just order this whole week.

Sam, the track day has eight spots left with only one being a SM spot.

You need to sign up, because there won't be "day of" payments if we're maxed.

I know I am trying to figure some shit out for work. I got a really big job around that time. I will know something shortly..

I am ready. I've had a 97, 99 GTP and now my 06 GXP which was a filler really as I thought the RWD platform was going to be a bit earlier.

I love the G8, but the GXP won't likely be out until late this year and while I could extend my lease, if they are going to be going for high dollar, I refuse to par-take in the madness that already exists for the base GT's. If I can't join them, I'll just have to ante up and beat them with a modded SS or something ;)

Not a done deal yet. It's not over until the unit is busting bugs. I just happen to be in an impulsive mood and am getting ready.

So you're leaving the FWD Pontiac world huh? I thought you'd at least hold out for the G8. Oh well i can't say I blame you.

Dyno Brian just tuned a TBSS a while back...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48054&highlight=TBSS+Dyno

Good info. You can bet I'll call them.

I can tell you anything you want to know. IPS has the credits to tune a TBSS and has the awd dyno. IPS is making me a intake for it as we speak and more then likely be marketing them off as soon as they test fit everything off of my truck. I dont want to speak for them but call down there and talk to them.(614-444-5884) They can get you any lsx part. The only weak link is the trans in them, but since you are getting an 08 they come with better trans parts. Toss a cooler on the trans and a convertor and they will be as strong as they will ever be just short of rebuilding it. If you need a step by step picture diagram on how to lower them, I made one on the TBSS forum. All in all they are just another lsx based vehicle with alittle more room then a f-body or vette and weigh just alittle more. But still can go very fast. The record for 2wd one is 10.21 right now and with an awd one I dunno, I plan on hopefully getting mine somewhere near the low 11 high 10 once all done with all the comforts they came with from factory. I love the one I got everytime I drive it. It picks up and moves out for a 4500# truck. I will find out after this month on how it does cause I plan on doin everything I will ever do to it this month. Cr track day we will find out a time and number it runs with these mods that I just order this whole week.

Being fed up about my Pontiac already, I decided to make a few calls and have a deal on a nice ride....not my first choice as I've had one before but the money is too good not to consider....$38k truck for about what I'm paying on my GXP.

Why buy a new one when you can get a one or two year old one with low miles for mid-low $20k's....?

I don't buy, I lease. If I was going to buy a car I would most certainly take that advice as buying new makes zero sense. There are some good deals to be had, but I prefer the best part of the car (first 2 years as the only owner) since I tend to flip into a new car every 24-30 months.

Why buy a new one when you can get a one or two year old one with low miles for mid-low $20k's....?