First time with Cobra

DKilbourne

Well Kilkare finally opened today and after trying to figure out the wheel hop and then not being able to find third for a few passes, I pulled off a 12.80@113.89. I finally decided to just quick shift third instead of banging it and it decided to go in on that pass. I had a decent run missing third going a 13.13@113.00. That would have been nice to see if I hadn't gone retarded with third gear all of the sudden. No 60 foot times all day over there for some reason.

look for a b&m ripper i hardly ever miss a shift with it. btw work on your 60' I ran 12.57@108.5 on a 1.69 60 with probably 100less whp

I was on radials and definitely would benifit from a good tire. I have a hurst shifter in the thing, but for some reason after I got a handle on the wheel hop I couldn't bang third. I didn't have any problems hitting on the passes when I had to shift into second early and never had any problems hitting on the street. I guess it was mostly mental.